Get some great records and gear and support a great cause.(Chicago area only)
Oct 8, 2002 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
It's time for the 25th Mammoth Music Mart to benefit ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease.This event is held at Old Orchard Shopping center in Skokie.For sale are many thousands of records,tapes,Cds,videos,reel-to-reels and instruments,as well as audio gear and a chance to meet some music celebrities(Miles Davis attended six of these when he was alive) and get records autographed.There were appox. 200,000 records for sale last year,most for less than $1.00.This is an excellent opportunity to find music and gear on the cheap.The schedule is on the site and the event kicks off this Thursday and runs a full ten days.I have donated 1,200 records and 250 cds as well as some reels and tapes this year and will attend to try to find more new stuff.Over the years I have found some great stuff here and met some great people who have become good friends.The weekends are the best and the last weekend is bargain weekend where all the remaining stuff is practically given away.As far as I know 100% of the proceeds are directed to the charity and this will be the very last year of this event.I will miss it a lot.If you live in the area please try to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back