Get new IEM earphones tomorrow...
Jun 4, 2008 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Dotdotdot

New Head-Fier
Anyways, I'm getting a low budget earphone tomorrow(broke right now) which will either be a Creative EP-630 or a Creative EP-640.

I noticed those and does anyone know the difference between then? They have a $10 difference.

Thanks.

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 9
I suggest you to wait a little longer, and save a little more, but get something better, in that range price, most of the headphones you can get, with a few exceptions (not IEM's BTW) really suck...
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 9
if you have really low budget then wait and add up and buy Sennheiser CX500, If you want IEM then get westone UM1 (99+tax)..
good luck...

Jun 5, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #5 of 9
oh thanks, but does anyone know the difference between ep-640 and ep 630?

I'm going to save up for the Etyroic(sp?) in the future. I'm just buying a good cheap IEM. And since my ears are small the earbuds such as the Ipods ones always fall off. But right now I don't have any earphones lol.

Jun 6, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you have really low budget then wait and add up and buy Sennheiser CX500, If you want IEM then get westone UM1 (99+tax)..
good luck...

I got my CX500 through an authorized eBay retailer and have not regretted the purchase since.
biggrin.gif
Sure, the CX500 is a tad lacking in treble but I corrected that by adjusting the equalization on my iPod nano.

Jun 6, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dotdotdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh thanks, but does anyone know the difference between ep-640 and ep 630?

I'm going to save up for the Etyroic(sp?) in the future. I'm just buying a good cheap IEM. And since my ears are small the earbuds such as the Ipods ones always fall off. But right now I don't have any earphones lol.

From what is known thus far(Do a search of this forum, its a treasure trove, most of the questions you got are probably answered at some point in the past here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/creative-ep640-265352/), there is very little if not no difference between the two, seems like its just a branding differentiation between countries (the Singapore Creative page for example does not list the 640s)

What I've learnt at Head-Fi thus far is to save up and buy better IEMs right from the start, saves a lot of financial pain later on
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back