Get me away from my iPod
Nov 19, 2010 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dj_taboo

New Head-Fier
oh noez...another recommendation thread!
My Nano 2G is dying a slow and painful death. I'm also purging iTunes from my computer.
I had a Samsung T9 a while back too, but it had a high pitch whine or beep between tracks. I'm hoping the new Samsungs don't have this. I like the idea of the Samsung R1, just wondering how the UI and SQ is with that.
Ideally, I'd like something with decent SQ, video capability would be great but doesn't have to be OMG-HD quality. I'm constantly reconfiguring my playlists and content. Huge storage is not necessary, 8-16gb is fine for me since playlists rarely last over a couple days. LoD capability or LoD integrated would be a plus if/when I purchase a portable amp or connect to random stereos. A slender, pocketable form factor is needed, but it shouldn't have to disappear completely.
Current headphones include:
Shure SE210 (Sounds decent enough on the ipod, but lacks any depth that I find when connected to my PC)
Denon AH-D1001 (Sounds like crap on the ipod, amazing on the PC)
Audio Technica Pro 500 (Sounds like crap on my ipod and PC, excellent on my mixer)
I'd like to take the Denons around once in a while, if i can find a DAP to power it (or wait for an amp)

So please, point me in the right direction. :D

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #2 of 5
Well, first thing we need to know is, how much are you willing to spend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back