Get an amp... or get a 1212 EMU?
Jul 11, 2004 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NPoet

100+ Head-Fier
Just curious as to which you all think I should do as I figure I could spend this current $100 on an amp from my comp to my a900's... or I could save my money for another month or so and drop it on the 1212 EMU, upgrading from my current av710...

T/Y for the help

Jul 11, 2004 at 5:30 AM Post #3 of 7
A900 are not very power hungry but I dont see how u gonna connect them directly to emu's balanced outs.

Jul 11, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #4 of 7
cadobhuk

sshhhhh... don't tell my reasoning that, it would have been forced to buy more for my setup :wink: which I think... it just will be anyhow in the end...

biggrin.gif

t/y for the input though, basically just rolling things around in my head so I can have some sort of gameplan right now, the hardcore research phase will slowly get dragged in
icon10.gif

Jul 11, 2004 at 6:59 AM Post #5 of 7
actually out of curiosity, if I was to get a EMU 1212 currently, about how much money and what would it take to plug it straight to my phones? as I figure that would be incredibly temporary anyhow, but jsut so I could get the source under my belt and then build up from there?

this would be at incredible budgeting after I got the source so basically the cheapest things to connect the two... and then I'll just build the in betweens over the next month or so :wink:

Jul 11, 2004 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 7
all you would need would be:

1. 1/4"-MONO-MALE to RCA-FEMALE adaptors x2
2. dual-RCA-MALE to 3.5mm-FEMALE-STEREO adaptor x1

this is what i'm using now while waiting for my headsave classic to arrive.
frown.gif
and you would be able to pick them up for, oh, $7 total.
biggrin.gif

alternatively if you could find a dual mono 1/4" male to 3.5mm female stereo it would be great but i know of none in existence.

and fyi, the output on the 1212m's daughter card may be balanced, but it also accepts unbalanced connections.

Jul 11, 2004 at 5:53 PM Post #7 of 7
Well damn, you just gave me no excuse what so ever to hold off on buying that card now
biggrin.gif

Good source... Good cans (relatively)... and crappy cheap wires in between, eh, I assume I won't mind too much. Sets me up to have to spend more money, which is not all together a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back