German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread
Aug 2, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #256 of 266
Hi Oscar. Your upgrade Looks great. I love my 835's. Use them in my studio for the last three years and now they need some love. I am looking at upgrading the cable (mine has just split) and the Pads. Could you tell me where you got the mini 3.5's and Pads from please. Also how did you get them apart? I'm sure I can work it out but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ricky

The pads you'll need to get direct from German Maestro's online store. Replacing the cable or putting in jacks, you need to remove the pads, then push the drivers out (the cups are flexible but it still takes some force to get the drivers out though)

I used these, make the holes just big enough to push these in securely, then put glue around the inside: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-3-5M...K-STEREO-SOLDER-PANEL-MOUNT-GOLD/151639877024

Aug 4, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #257 of 266
Hi Oscar. Your upgrade Looks great. I love my 835's. Use them in my studio for the last three years and now they need some love. I am looking at upgrading the cable (mine has just split) and the Pads. Could you tell me where you got the mini 3.5's and Pads from please. Also how did you get them apart? I'm sure I can work it out but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ricky

I have done the same mod on my 8.35 a year or so ago. I used these https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-x-3-5mm-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The driver is just pressed in the cup with no screws or anything other than the plastic itself ( Which is flexible ) You just need to pop em out using a flat head screwdriver or something similar like that.
I also use the Brainwavz round earpads ( the smaller size fits like a glove )

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #260 of 266
Reviving a dead thread. :wink:
A little Ghost this morning on the German Maestro 8.300 D Pros.

IMG_20210818_113654.jpg

Nov 3, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #261 of 266
Bros,
Happy to find this thread discussing the GM headphone. I have a GMP435s too, for 10 years, guess so. It was a long time ago anyway.
In recent, it is found that the skin of the cable has many cracks and begins to peel off.
Do anyone of you has seen the same symptom?
Seems it is not an economic wise to send it back to Germany for repair, but there is no relative supporting session of GM in Hong Kong here.
Please share your experience or suggestion in modifying the can to detachable or re-cable.
most likely, I shall diy to fix it, that's why I looking for help to prevent stupid idea before the operation. hahaha

Nov 3, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #262 of 266
Bros,
Happy to find this thread discussing the GM headphone. I have a GMP435s too, for 10 years, guess so. It was a long time ago anyway.
In recent, it is found that the skin of the cable has many cracks and begins to peel off.
Do anyone of you has seen the same symptom?
Seems it is not an economic wise to send it back to Germany for repair, but there is no relative supporting session of GM in Hong Kong here.
Please share your experience or suggestion in modifying the can to detachable or re-cable.
most likely, I shall diy to fix it, that's why I looking for help to prevent stupid idea before the operation. hahaha
Actually, I have the same problem. I think that after many years the cable jacket starts to lose its properties in the places where it has been touching the skin. Certainly, you shouldn't send your headphones to Germany. It is very easy to disassemble them - there are just three screws behind the pads and the foam filter. Anyone with very little skill can replace the cable. With regards to making the cable detachable, you can do that but only using those tiny horrible MMCX connectors. Anything bigger won't fit, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #264 of 266
Actually, I have the same problem. I think that after many years the cable jacket starts to lose its properties in the places where it has been touching the skin. Certainly, you shouldn't send your headphones to Germany. It is very easy to disassemble them - there are just three screws behind the pads and the foam filter. Anyone with very little skill can replace the cable. With regards to making the cable detachable, you can do that but only using those tiny horrible MMCX connectors. Anything bigger won't fit, unfortunately.
Yes, true. MMCX was my first imagination came up in my mind, too. But find it may a bit difficult to solder the wire to the junction, after search some picture of how to bond the mmcx socket. Since it is design for tiny antenna or in ear elements. The common 3.5mm two pole socket is too long and big for it unless special design one is found.
that's why i hesitate to start the surgery. on the other hand, it is also a good alternative to direct solder a new cable as Ronion said so.

Aug 7, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #266 of 266
Yes, true. MMCX was my first imagination came up in my mind, too. But find it may a bit difficult to solder the wire to the junction, after search some picture of how to bond the mmcx socket. Since it is design for tiny antenna or in ear elements. The common 3.5mm two pole socket is too long and big for it unless special design one is found.
that's why i hesitate to start the surgery. on the other hand, it is also a good alternative to direct solder a new cable as Ronion said so.
to follow up the case. I have made a modification of the debris (cable) by cut the cable at the joint. that is to let the two cups and its cable free. and then use heat shrink sleeve as the sheath. Each cable contains 2 wires. White and green for the left while red and green for the right cup. From an online supplier, I have bought a 4 poles 3.5mm socket. solder the 4 wires according to the balance cable configuration. From now on, I can use it depends on either an attachable balanced cable or unbalanced cable. Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back