German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #211 of 266
  This excellent thread has been dead for sometime...
Wow does anyone still use their GMP's anymore?

I have been gone for far too long, so what's new?

Greetings @TrollDragon It´s still probably my most prefered headphone when it boils down to it. However i have used the superlux HD660 with HM5 pads for quite some time now and i do relly like them as well. They sound kind off similar compared to the 8.35D. I have also been using the MDR1A quite alot as well and since it´s way more colored than the 8.35 its a fun can for "most" music. 

8.35D is still my prefered "serious" listening can, and if i had to go with one of all the ones in my inventory it would probably be it. Just the overall quality is worth taking in to account here. I mean, it´s not very likely they will fail on you, cant say that about any other headphone really. 

To the new folks reading this, you have not had a quality product in your life until you pick up a 8.35 or 8.300 :)

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #212 of 266

Greetings @TrollDragon It´s still probably my most prefered headphone when it boils down to it. However i have used the superlux HD660 with HM5 pads for quite some time now and i do relly like them as well. They sound kind off similar compared to the 8.35D. I have also been using the MDR1A quite alot as well and since it´s way more colored than the 8.35 its a fun can for "most" music. 

8.35D is still my prefered "serious" listening can, and if i had to go with one of all the ones in my inventory it would probably be it. Just the overall quality is worth taking in to account here. I mean, it´s not very likely they will fail on you, cant say that about any other headphone really. 

To the new folks reading this, you have not had a quality product in your life until you pick up a 8.35 or 8.300 :)

Truer words have never be said good sir! ^^^

Hey Arvan!

Long time no talk, I haven't even been up on IG for the longest while. Glad to hear you are still using your GMP's, I still use mine on a regular basis when I am out and about. but it is usually the T50RP's at home. I packed all the smaller cans away for a while to make room for Vaping gear... If it's not one hobby it's another.
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Nov 29, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #214 of 266
  Took a trip to the local museum today and guess what.. A lot of GMP/ MB quart cans all over.. With the horrible rubber earpads :D

They sell a version specifically made for museum and information display use, some even have a BX cable so you cant rip them out. Rubber pads are easy to wash...
eek.gif

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #215 of 266
My GMP 8.35D with dual mini 4-pin XLR mod were stolen last year at Canjam London :frowning2:

But luckily, German Maestro offered me a new pair for a very attractive price so I bought another pair and also installed 2 mini XLR's so I can use any Audeze style cable.

I will post pictures shortly, but I still really enjoy my GMP 8.35d's and my GMP 400's

The Beyerdynamic DT1770 pads fit and work well with the 8.35d's as the back of the pad is covered and not full of holes like the DT770 pads.

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #216 of 266
this is what i love about headfi.org...you come across less well known brands, esp to us in north america.
http://www.german-maestro-shop.de/epages/61902279.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61902279/Categories/Kopfh%C3%B6rer

i have both the sony 7520 closed studio pro cans...has anyone done a comparison?

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #217 of 266
I have been a member here for a while but have not posted much.  However, I must say that the GM headphones are simply top notch.  I appreciate this thread in helping me discover the GM brand and specifically the 8.35D.  

I've been a DJ, an audiophile (after all, we use music to listen to equipment, right?
biggrin.gif
) and have heard lots of equipment.  My current home system consists of Salk Song Towers + Song Center and a Marantz AV 7005.  Having said all this, I can comparatively say I'm very impressed by the detailed, accurate reproduction found in the 8.35Ds.  

I will admit that I mostly listen on my Sennheiser HD25-1 II headphones because they're light and "good enough".  However, the GM 8.35D is clearly KING in accuracy and provides nice isolation to boot.

Mar 3, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #218 of 266
hello. i'm looking comfy pads for my cans. default pads will destroy my ears so i will be new van gogh (guess it's not that bad). limit is $10 and aliexpress option would be great. thanks in advance.

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #219 of 266
  hello. i'm looking comfy pads for my cans. default pads will destroy my ears so i will be new van gogh (guess it's not that bad). limit is $10 and aliexpress option would be great. thanks in advance.

I doubt you will find anything decent for $10...

These are one of the best replacement pads for the GMP 835/8300 headphones.
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-thick-memory-foam-earpad-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones-1pc

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #220 of 266

I doubt you will find anything decent for $10...

These are one of the best replacement pads for the GMP 835/8300 headphones.
http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-thick-memory-foam-earpad-suitable-for-large-over-the-ear-headphones-1pc

i know that $10 limit is really low but i think maybe there was a p/p pads from china. the main reason is exchange rates. my country's money = 1/3 american dollars. thanks for advice and sorry for useless info. :p

Mar 27, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #221 of 266
My modified GMP 8.35d, dual mini XLR with Brainwavz HM5 memory foam earpads:

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #223 of 266
Apr 1, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #224 of 266
I see they have angled ones now too.
http://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/headphone-pad-angled

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #225 of 266
I bought both pairs but the angled didn't sound good with the GMP 8.35d, so they went on the Fischer Audio FA-003ti W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back