German Maestro GMP 160
Mar 20, 2014 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

blahdidah

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am looking at getting these headphones. From what I've read and seen their headphones seem high quality and durable, does anyone know if these are also worth getting? Since they are cheaper than all of the other headphones, but I can't afford more. I would be using them with either a computer or a mp3 player to listen to music, usually rock/metal or sometimes acoustic folk.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/german-maestro-gmp-160-lightweight-35-ohm-open-stereo-headphones

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi,

I realize that this thread is quite old but I just bought these headphones and wanted to spread word that I'm really impressed so far.

I bought them used (for 30 bucks, a steal!) so I can't say anything about packaging and so on. The phones themselves feel shockingly light at first and even flimsy, but as soon as I put them on and started to listen that lightness was a great thing. You basically forget that you're wearing them. Pressure on the head is VERY light too, which leads me to the next thing...

...they leak A LOT of sound (since they're semi-open) and do not isolate at all. They are sold as "portable can" but I use them only at home. This might sound like a bad thing (no isolation and such) but it's not. Actually, I think I might even stop using my beloved AKG K 240 since the German Maestro are so comfy...

Bass is a little on the light side and higher frequencies seem a little pronounced to me. I guess these headphones are not the flattest you can get but the resolution is quite surprising to me for the price.
For use at home these headphones are really good, I would totally recommend them. For outside... not so much. Unless you feel like a moving boom box :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back