Gerbil-Fi
Aug 28, 2009 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

EugeneK

500+ Head-Fier
Here are my Gerbils: Judy(black) and Mary(brown)
JudyandMary.jpg

Gerbil Yawn!
DSC_0026.jpg

Someone needs to figure out what Mary is doing in this pic, she's hanging onto Judy's head with one foot off the ground. She held that for 2 minutes, long enough for me to notice and get my camera.
DSC_0023.jpg

Aug 28, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 44
Cute little furrys!

Don't nobody post no Joe Cartoon jokes or links, pls. Don't you stoop to it.

Aug 28, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's Joe Cartoon? - Or should I just remain ignorant?

Remain ignorant - your IQ will thank you.

Aug 28, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer hamsters because you never know where a gerbil's been.

evil_smiley.gif

That and they're illegal in California.

Really? Why are they illegal?

Aug 28, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Why are they illegal?

Blame Richard Gere.

J/K
tongue.gif

Serious answer: California Fish and Wildlife says so because of Department of Agriculture paranoid about Gerbils possibly escaping and surviving in the wild, posing risk to crops. Yet the Syrian hamster which is well suited for California weather is perfectly legal.

There are quite a few pets that are illegal in California for little reason, namely Ferrets, which were supposed to be legalized, but the legislation slipping through the cracks. You can openly buy ferret products at every pet store, and vets will offer care for them, so that law has no tooth whatsoever.

-Ed

Aug 28, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 44
Hm, I guess that's as good a reason as any. Gerbils do multiply fast and they're pretty hardy. Don't think they're a risk to many crops though, they prefer nuts to greens.

I guess a law isn't much if no one is going to enforce it, I guess the police just let ferret products slip since they were supposed to be legalized anyway.

Aug 28, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 44
Nice thing about gerbils is that they are active during the day, unlike most hamsters which are active mostly at night.

Although my favorites (Roborovski and Winter Whites) are spratically active through out the entire day.

-Ed

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #13 of 44
I must be missing something here.. how is a gerbil a gadget.. move to Members lounge perhaps?

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #14 of 44
Something interesting about them is that if you scare them a bit (i.e. with noise) they suffer an epileptic seizure. No harm done, they recover fast and spontaneously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back