General Wiring Questions
Aug 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

leebSaMmY

100+ Head-Fier
I have a few questions that i was unsure of where to post. But i trust the knowledge of people on head-fi so i wanted to ask here. If this is the wrong forum just move the thread.
Anyways, I'm leaving for college soon and am bringing a few different speakers i haven't used in a while. I'm going to have my laptop with me so i will connect them via my creative labs usb 5.1 external sound card.i have the following:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102020&cm_re=usb_soundcard-_-29-102-020-_-Product

So i want to hook up two M-Audio bx8a deluxe monitors plus a sub woofer from my old klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra setup. So the monitors have xlr and 1/4 inch inputs. Since the sound card has rca inputs but also comes with the 1/8th adapter i have quite a few choices.xlr-rca,xlr-1/8, 1/4-rca, 1/4-1/8. I'm asking what you guys would recommend i should do.

Thanks for your time,
Sam.

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #2 of 2
I think you mean outputs rather than inputs - but I would say that your best bet is rca to xlr, and then rca to 1/4".  Although there are plenty of 1/8 to 1/4" cables, I would fatham a guess to say that I think you would be better with the other two options. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back