General use earbud with microphone, also for use running.
Jun 4, 2015 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

worminater

100+ Head-Fier
Dog ate my better half's iBuds (finally!) so she's in need of a replacement.  She was generally happy with them; but looking for replacement recommendations.  Source would be her Nexus 5 or thinkpad.  I'd feel dirty telling her to just buy another iBud without due diligence.

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 4
  Dog ate my better half's iBuds (finally!) so she's in need of a replacement.  She was generally happy with them; but looking for replacement recommendations.  Source would be her Nexus 5 or thinkpad.  I'd feel dirty telling her to just buy another iBud without due diligence.

Hi worminater!   Do you have a budget or any other requirements than mic and use for sports/running?  We can provide you with a few examples, but want to make sure all needs are met.

Jun 4, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 4

Hi worminater!   Do you have a budget or any other requirements than mic and use for sports/running?  We can provide you with a few examples, but want to make sure all needs are met.

Not really on either front.   She listens to ~every music style depending on what she's doing, and budget doesn't matter *that* much (1 to150 usd probably).  Microphone quality is probably more important than peak sound quality (talking to her mother while walking the dog, my M80 tend to have issues with the wind noise). 

Jun 5, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 4
  Not really on either front.   She listens to ~every music style depending on what she's doing, and budget doesn't matter *that* much (1 to150 usd probably).  Microphone quality is probably more important than peak sound quality (talking to her mother while walking the dog, my M80 tend to have issues with the wind noise). 

I would suggest the Molami Stitch buds.  You will get an improved sound quality over the iBuds as well.  Microphone and call control included as well.  A bit more on the stylish side as well if your better half likes that.

Another one is the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear M2.   Definitely an upgrade to the iBuds with a well known name like Sennheiser.  Microphone and call control as well.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back