General, Quick Questions on ER-6 and E3c.
Aug 27, 2004 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Squibbles

100+ Head-Fier
I couldn't decide which one to get so I got both.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyways, I'll probably sell the one I don't like. But I have a few, general questions about these. For the ER-6: These things are in-ear phones, so the volume should be set lower than normal, correct? But I actually have to set the volume alittle bit higher than what I set it with the PortaPros or MX500. For the E3c I set the volume to about 1/2 of the MX500s, but the ER-6 forces me to set it on par or alittle higher to get decent volume.

For the E3c, after maybe 10 minutes of listening, I can hear my heart beat.. or is it my pulse. Well, pulse, heart, same thing. Anyways, it's kind of annoying hearing a thump, thump, thump.. this isn't normal, is it?

Btw, my source is a 3rd Gen 15 GB iPod.

Thanks.

Aug 27, 2004 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 4
I used to have the er-6s, and I had to put the volume pretty high also, compared to other phones. (At least around the same level) The heart beat thing is pretty normal. Most canal phones have varying levels of occlusion and microphonics. I didn't really notice much with the er-6s. But it was very obvious with the er-4s.

Aug 27, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 4
well you have to set the volume louder for the er6 most likely because its less effience and have higher impedance than the e3c, therefore need more amping power. as long as you dont turn it on loud enough to damage your hearing.

about the hearing your heart beat, dont worry, this is just an occlusion effect. you block a lot of outside noises so now its easier to hear the noises coming from your own body; heartbeat, breathing, chewing. how to solve the problem? cant help, sorry.

Aug 27, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

For the E3c, after maybe 10 minutes of listening, I can hear my heart beat.. or is it my pulse.

Well, I don't hear my heartbeats, not unless I've been running and my heart is beating strongly...try shifting the sleeve around, try inserting it deeper or shallower, and see if it affects how much beating you hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back