gears of war, xbox live
Nov 9, 2006 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
So I picked up this game today, and find out that there is no one on the live servers? Im wondering if there just arent people that have this game yet?

any headfiers have this game?

Nov 9, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 13
I've got it, but I'm pretty split on it.

Game plays great and looks amazing.

Characters are terrible, and I'm having a very hard time not leading them to their deaths intentionally.

Nov 9, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 13
Have it, played it already with another person on Campaign mode Really good. Undecided if I would have preferred it to be first-person shooter though...

Best looking next-gen console game ever! Can't wait for H3

Nov 9, 2006 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 13
I got to try it out today for about 20 minutes, I have to change the video set up to brilliant as the initial default setting is blurry and washed out, and plays havok on a projector. hard to make things out in shadows.

this game is like ghost recon, but a much simpler control scheme., i.e. you dont have to press 20 muttons to execute a reload command
smily_headphones1.gif

plus it has better graphics and more gore than ghost recon.
I think ed wood may like this game.

Nov 9, 2006 at 9:54 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
So I picked up this game today, and find out that there is no one on the live servers? Im wondering if there just arent people that have this game yet?

any headfiers have this game?

You've been able to get it already? I don't own a Xbox-360 but my best mate does and he's been going on about this for so long now that I'm looking forward to it too (playing through the co-op game etc.) but being in the UK it's not set for release for another 8 days!

Man... being in the UK is really annoying at times like this.

Nov 10, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
I got to try it out today for about 20 minutes, I have to change the video set up to brilliant as the initial default setting is blurry and washed out, and plays havok on a projector. hard to make things out in shadows.

this game is like ghost recon, but a much simpler control scheme., i.e. you dont have to press 20 muttons to execute a reload command
smily_headphones1.gif

plus it has better graphics and more gore than ghost recon.
I think ed wood may like this game.

I got the game on Tuesday.

I've beaten it on Hardcore single player with a friend. Was playing multiplayer Warzone all night long last night.

My favorite method of kills?

Grenade Tag.

Followed by Chainsaw.
evil_smiley.gif

Oh, by the way.

Since you are using a projector, try upping the brightness setting in the Audio/Video game menu. Then change to "Vivid". Should look better and be easier to see in the shadows.

What's your Gamertag again, Myo? Same as your Head-fi name?

-Ed

Nov 10, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I got the game on Tuesday.

I've beaten it on Hardcore single player with a friend. Was playing multiplayer Warzone all night long last night.

My favorite method of kills?

Grenade Tag.

Followed by Chainsaw.
evil_smiley.gif

Oh, by the way.

Since you are using a projector, try upping the brightness setting in the Audio/Video game menu. Then change to "Vivid". Should look better and be easier to see in the shadows.

What's your Gamertag again, Myo? Same as your Head-fi name?

-Ed

Hey guys add me, Gamer Tag: Andy Nguyen

Nov 10, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #9 of 13
My Tag. is

TheDarkMauler

i want to play live but with players hosting games... alot of the times i can join because there waiting for their friends to join...

Nov 10, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #10 of 13
hi ed, thats what I did,
yes my settings are bumped in video settings of the game.

takes away that dreaded sepia/blur filter.

DSC08711.jpg

my gamer tag is RnB180

Nov 10, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #11 of 13
Well...I just got my 360 last Wednesday and bought NHL 07, but after looking at some reviews etc...I think I'm gonna have to grab this game after work Tomorrow or at some point on the weekend.

Is the game play very linear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back