"Gear_City" Power Cables - made to length ebay seller.
Apr 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

gibbro

Head-Fier
I thought I might try a couple of power cords from this ebay seller, Has anyone had any experience with any of his products. So far communication has been great. I had a few cables made to length and shipped out the same day as ordering.

His ebay store:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/gear_city/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Please let me know, cheers.

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #4 of 13
I cannot give my opinion just yet, I need to get used to the setup as I added a few new components.

After a week or so I will A/B them and post my thoughts on them.

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #5 of 13
Keep us posted. I've had gear_city as a favourite on my ebay list for over a year now but never bit the bullet to buy there cable stuff except the anti-vibration cones.

Apr 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 13
Very nice looking.
Also looking forward to impressions

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #7 of 13
After a bit of listening have noticed the following:

- These are connected to my P18, not from the wall outlet.

I notice less sibilance in the highs and little bit better detail in the bass. The noise floor is reduced slightly, however it was very low to begin with. It sounds to my ears a bit more musical and detailed. This evaluation is based on A/B ing and is by no means a scientific or professional summary, I will most likely notice these small changes over a longer period of time.

Once I have listened to this for a month I will post my impressions again after going back to the stock cables.

Let me know what you think here if you decide to get some, I think the price is good.

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #9 of 13
They have all sorts of materials, I just got the ones below. I was just after some shielded power cables due to the electronics in the room and the close proximity to them.

From the ebay page:

1. Conductor: OFC wire
  2. Fully shielded: Dielectric insulator, double copper braid and aluminium foil 
  3. Cable O.D.: 16mm (diameter)
  4. Wire diameter (gauge): 2.3mm (11 AWG)
  5. Vol/Amp: 100V~250V 15A
  6. Cable length: 1.5m (buyer can order specific length of power cable)
  7. Cable weight: 750g (include plugs)

And

1. Conductor: OFC wire
  2. Fully shielded: Dielectric insulator, copper braid and aluminium foil 
  3. Cable O.D.: 16mm (diameter)
  4. Wire diameter (gauge): 2.6mm (10 AWG)
  5. Vol/Amp: 100V~250V 15A
  6. Cable length: 1.5m (buyer can order specific length of power cable)
  7. Cable weight: 620g (include plugs)

I was given some advice that analogue gear should have no shielding and that digital and source equipment should have shielding, any truth to this?

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #12 of 13
I bought a powercord a d RCA interconnect. Very happy bwith w wry thing out than the RCA plugs being a smigin too small. I have to expand them whenever I think of a way to :frowning2:

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #13 of 13
Enjoy your fake, and illegal Oyaide copies, these Hongkong sellers have so much front, I wouldn't buy any thing that came out of Hong Kong, it's all a big scam. They don't care when your house burns down and your insurance company don't pay out due to tatty dangerous cables fitted to illegal plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back