Gear.IGN first look - Dell DJ (good pics)
Nov 18, 2003 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

austonia

Headphoneus Supremus
http://gear.ign.com/articles/440/440853p1.html

hmmkay.. its decent, but not really compelling...

interesting that he notes its similiarities with the Creative Nomad OS. Seems very plausable they designed the player, all things considered. Which is a good thing i think

Nov 18, 2003 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 11
The way it would appear, the only thing it has going for it at that at that price range, is its size compared to the Zen. Otherwise, I don't see any extraordinary features, or even unique features for that matter. The remote is even uglier than the iPods, and equally as useless. Even the zen with the LCD remote accessory is able to voice record.... So, I just don't get it. For a bit more, an IHP can be bought, and for even LESS, a Karma can be had, as well as a zen. Am I missing something here ?

Nov 18, 2003 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 11
I bought a computer from dell many years ago for my wife and they still send me flyers. In the latest one with the DJ it is stated(while in small letters) that the DJ is manufactured by Creative.

Nov 19, 2003 at 12:43 AM Post #8 of 11
Yes, you can just drag'n drop files into the Dell DJ when it mounts as a hard drive...

however, it seems from the short review, that you have to use MusicMatch to transfer music into it... that sucks...

Nov 19, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #9 of 11
I think Dell is going to sell everyone it makes. At $300 for the 20 gig and $250 for the 15 gig it is very well priced. Knowing Dell they'll always be running some type of promotion that can be found on a site like www.slickdeals.net dropping the prices even further. If this is where we are at now with Mp3 players I can only imagine whats going to be around two years from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back