G'day...New member, long time user. Instant vintage collection.
May 2, 2014 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

robthebiggerman

New Head-Fier
Hi, I just joined today. I've been into audio both music and the science behind reproducing it since I can remember. I now work as an audio and communications engineer and technical manager. I found a draw the other day of rubbish spare part headphone parts from yesteryear so I decided to see if I could frankinstien me up some decent cans without spending anything just with what could find. Here's what I got.... the draw of death.
new hd250 linear ii on hd475 band with dt770 pads.
hd480 mkii new drivers on a 450 band with random yellow pads that barely fit and a beyer band pad.
hd430
mic soc cut in half...
makes great substitute pads for the hd430.
hd450 before.hd450 after.hd450 with akg171 pads. Also I had no cables for these so I used some solid cover wire the right gage as extended pins, glued onto the hole then soldered and heat shrunk. You can still change the driver internally but the cable is a keeper:wink:

Anyway that will do for now, I'd just like to say thank you for all the great information and suggestions/recommendations available here.

May 2, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #2 of 5
How about an air filtration system? You could likely save Tom Hanks with that lot..
redface.gif

May 2, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 5
Unfortunately the amount of ear scum on these old cans would result in an air pollution system and tom would have died:wink:

May 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #4 of 5
A few more for the discontinued collection....

Hd445

Hd480

Hd250 linear that I put together for the wife so she wouldn't take my set because she liked them so much.

Hd457????

pioneer SE-L201 donner cans with akg 171 drivers and pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back