G'day All
Jun 17, 2013 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thewolfisnear

New Head-Fier
Well, it's obvious that I need help from the experienced individuals in this forum as I'm posting here. 

In the past I have been happy with two recommended sets of cans from you all and am now hopeful that you are able to aid me in this again. 

A little bit about what I have owned and what I am looking for. 

I have owned a set Sennheiser HD428's and I was happy with them. 

I was even more pleased by Sony MDR-ZX700's.

Now, I am looking for a circumaural set. I do not want active noise cancellation. 

Basically, what I am looking for is a $200 or less version of the fantastic, amazing Sennheiser HD600's.

I cannot afford these at present. Perhaps, someday I shall, but not any time soon. 

I like tangle-less cables, not a necessity, but it's nice to have. Preferably a closed set, since I don't like it when people remark that they can hear my music, but this is not a necessity. 

So, then dear people, is your best recommendation for me? 

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post here. I do appreciate it. 

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 5
If you want a slightly less expensive version of the HD 600, the HD 558 and HD 598 are a very natural choice. They're both open and sound will leak in and out of them, but they are signature you're looking for.

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #3 of 5
Hello!

Glad you appriciate our helps! Firstly, thank the founder of Head-Fi, Jude!
Back to subject, like what roguegeek has said, the HD598 is a very good alternative to HD600. It's the same thing but it is less refined, wider soundstage, less transparent, MORE forward mids. However, if you need closed headphones, you might like the SRH-840!

Hope this helps!
Billson :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back