GBA and Gamecube pricing
Oct 12, 2003 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Habib

500+ Head-Fier
Does it bother anyone that GBA SP and Gamecube are both $99 retail?

I am thinking about ebaying my old GBA and get SP instead. But now I am thinking maybe I should just grab a Gamecube instead.

Oct 12, 2003 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 32
I'd get a Camecube, and the GBA adapter, which is pretty cool, like...Pokemon on BIGSCREEN, and you get SC2, so it rocks hard
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 32
it only bothers gamecube owners....if u still dont have one yet..it'z a steal
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2003 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 32
It bothers me a lil bit tho because if they can sell the Gamecube at 99, imagine what they can sell the GBA SP for
wink.gif
It's all about the market demand.

Oct 12, 2003 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 32
i dont think they have any reason to drop the price for GBA, GC is doing really bad (not as bad as xbox) on sales in north america, thet's why they dropped the price and wish more people will buy it.

as for GBA, right now nintendo basically has the whole market of handheld game system, Ngage dosent seem to effect GBA's sales at all, so maybe untill sony's PSP comes out.. i dont think there's need for nintendo to drop the price for GBA

Oct 12, 2003 at 7:12 PM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by ProFingerSk8er
so maybe untill sony's PSP comes out.. i dont think there's need for nintendo to drop the price for GBA

I doubt they will need to drop their price even when psp comes out. I expect the price of that to be at least 300 dollars. It's a freakin' portable ps2!

Oct 12, 2003 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 32
yeah, i hate it when there are cheap prices on electronics. i want to pay more on things and they just won't let me!

the things people find the time to complain about..

Oct 12, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #8 of 32
Well, I'm the type where you'd have to pay me to take a game system. The game systems themselves are cheap, but the games are way overpriced unless you buy used. That's why I like PC gaming. Cheaper games and more versatile hardware. Plus, I don't even own a TV to hook a game system up to anyway, except I could use my PC (I have composite/S-video inputs).

Edit: But that Nokia N-Gage looks pretty neat. I saw one at Electronics Boutique yesterday on a display that was being set up. Looks pretty nice, but I'd wonder how well it works as a phone. And the $300 price tag is a bit steep, except it does play MP3s, have an FM radio, and have a lot of other neat features. I paid $200 for my Nokia 6610 so I guess the extra $100 for a mobile gaming system isn't too bad. And the game selection looks promising.

Oct 12, 2003 at 11:02 PM Post #10 of 32
The thing Nintendo and all don't realize is systems will only sell to a point, especially with 3 good ones out. If they want to boost sales, games is where it's at. Lower the top price for all to $40 and they'd be doing better. Unfortunately, that's more out of their control than the systems. Did you know Gamecube stopped production for a while until they get rid of all the remaining stock?

Oct 13, 2003 at 12:12 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by ProFingerSk8er
GC is doing really bad, (not as bad as XBox), on sales in North America; that's why they dropped the price and wish more people wouldbuy it.

I thought the system wasn't selling because they have crap games. That, and the controller sucks (when compared to PS & XB). Now if Nintendo update their best sellers from their previous systems and reissued them on GC, I'd be more inclined to buy it. But buying a GC feels like buying a Sega.

donovansmith,

After waiting for over 2 years for Hlao to come to the PC, I now find that even with the fastest processor using the fastest video card, and running at 800x600 res, it still chugs and drops frames.
all the reviewers said that it's a great time to upgrade your PC.
rolleyes.gif

So yes, like you, I look for NOS games for the PC and used games for my N64 (presently playing Duke Nukem: Zero Hour) and PS1.

Oct 13, 2003 at 1:54 AM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
I thought the system wasn't selling because they have crap games. That, and the controller sucks (when compared to PS & XB). Now if Nintendo update their best sellers from their previous systems and reissued them on GC, I'd be more inclined to buy it. But buying a GC feels like buying a Sega.

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? What do you mean "update their best sellers"? If you mean new games, there already is a new Mario, new Wario, new Zelda, new F-Zero, new Smash Bros., new Metroid, etc. There's Soul Calibur 2, Viewtiful Joe, and a new Sonic game coming out. I think there are a lot of great games, it depends of course on what kind of games you like. But I think it's really unfair to diss the GC on the quality of its games. The problem with the GC isn't that it doesn't have great games, it just doesn't have as many games as the other consoles. But like I said, what it does have is great.

Oct 13, 2003 at 2:12 AM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
The problem with the GC isn't that it doesn't have great games, it just doesn't have as many games as the other consoles. But like I said, what it does have is great.

In other words, it's like buying a Sega Dreamcast. Like what wallijohn said.
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2003 at 2:32 AM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
In other words, it's like buying a Sega Dreamcast. Like what wallijohn said.
tongue.gif

Actually wallijohn just said Sega so he could've meant the Saturn or whatever. And he said "I thought the system wasn't selling because they have crap games." Which doesn't really fit. So...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back