Gave up on the Stax for now, boy do I love the RS-1 :D
Nov 12, 2005 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FeetAsleep

Head-Fier
Hello gang
I made a post here a while back asking about a headphone setup to compliment my speaker setup. Initially was looking at the Omega2 and equivalent amp. Unfortunatly I didn't want to commit to something that large financially without hearing them. Went on a lurking spree for a while searching for headphones that I might enjoy. Finally decided on the Grado RS-1.

I got them used on ebay for just over $500, so I wasn't worried about loosing too much money if I didn't like them.

I must say I am extremely impressed
smily_headphones1.gif
I can't even think of how much comparable sound would cost in a speaker setup. The claritiy is unreal, bass is quick and punchy with subbasement extension
basshead.gif
And the mids, oh the mids.....just like people described Grados here!
evil_smiley.gif

And all of this just being driven by the built in headphone amp on my Marantz receiver. I'm so enthused with this headphone I'm going to start looking into a nice amp to compliment them (from my CDP).

Thank you headfi, might have hurt the wallet a bit, but it was a good sort of hurting
blink.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 8
Congrats! I've just bought a pair too, they should be on their way to the UK as I speak
icon10.gif
I can't wait... but I'm going to have to because I've told myself I'm not going to listen until I've bought a ppx3 SLAM to go with them...
blink.gif

Whats your favourite song on them so far?

Nov 12, 2005 at 11:03 PM Post #4 of 8
Congrats! I've also aquired an RS-1 within the past few weeks, and I'm just as impressed. They sound great with rock, and plus I've been enjoying them with violin and woodwind concertos as well.

Nov 12, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #5 of 8
Wow, lots of people getting RS-1s!
rs1smile.gif
I just got my pair in today ($400 used!
eek.gif
), and they are awesome so far. They don't seem as bright as the other RS-1s I have tried, they have a nice warm sound with just the right amount of treble. And unlike the RS-2, 325i, MS-2 and SR-80, these sound good through my PPA without being fatiguing. I just love what these do to percussion and woodwinds!

Nov 13, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Cool an influx of RS-1 purchases recently
lambda.gif

I see why it won so many awards

Quote:

Originally Posted by squall2072
Congrats! I've just bought a pair too, they should be on their way to the UK as I speak
icon10.gif
I can't wait... but I'm going to have to because I've told myself I'm not going to listen until I've bought a ppx3 SLAM to go with them...
blink.gif

Whats your favourite song on them so far?

I don't really have a favorite song, but Led Zeppelin IV is one of my favorite albums and it (along with the rest of the LZ albums) are really great to rock out on the RS-1
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back