gave in to temptation....beyer dt770pro-80
May 9, 2005 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

eitook

100+ Head-Fier
After many days and nights of tossing and turning, I finally gave in to the elusive seduction of the dt770s.... CURSE YOU HEADFIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
!@#$!^@!$@!%^!@#!...

i'm now waiting impatiently for its arrival, ETA: Wednesday. I sure as hell hope this new acquisition quenches my thirst for electronic music. Thanks to this new purchase, i'm short of funds to even repair/service my car...ho ho ho..
evil_smiley.gif

May 9, 2005 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 16
I have had mine for about five months now,and I have to say their great phones.Along with their well documented bass,they also have great soundstage,very nice highs,and just and overall great sound.You made a good choice.

May 9, 2005 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

I agree, theres more to them than just great bass.

Ditto. I just got mine almost a month ago and they are freaking amazing. Watch out though now I want to upgrade my source and re-rip my collection to lossless...

May 9, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #7 of 16
Always wanted to try these, but excessive bass sometimes gives me migraines. Are these good for rock? I'm pretty interested in buying some comfortable closed cans that don't mistreat rock. How much do these benefit from an amp?

May 9, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz
Always wanted to try these, but excessive bass sometimes gives me migraines. Are these good for rock? I'm pretty interested in buying some comfortable closed cans that don't mistreat rock. How much do these benefit from an amp?

Once i get this at my doorstep, i'll post my initial impressions. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, it'll be this afternoon
icon10.gif

May 10, 2005 at 6:12 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

This is coming from a person who doesn't hear much of a difference amping his e3cs. Yes, there is a difference.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

There is a big difference if amped, especially from an underpowered source. It's quite laughable going from straight out ofmy ipod to even a MINT amp or something
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't like them so much for rock/metal though, they do have a recessed midrange.

May 10, 2005 at 6:47 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

IMHO theyre great for rock / Prog metal... Many of which are recorded over-bright IMHO. So their bass heavy nature helps many times. Many Queensryche recordings are piercing on my brighter cans but the DT770 balances everything out nicely. Sometimes I need to use my EQ to tame / boost bass depending on my mood.

Garrett

May 10, 2005 at 6:55 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Get the tablets ready for the headache. BIG bass will rattle your head.

I lurve them with rock.

May 10, 2005 at 1:58 PM Post #14 of 16
Yes folks...i received the dt770-80 this afternoon, and right off the bat, the bass was overhyped as it wasn't head-jarring and the highs too piercing or so I thought???

So I just left it burning in for ONLY 8 hours, and hear I am now.... jaws on the floor, as the bass now has flourished and highs attenuated. Bass is hard-hitting and slammin' (but not to the grado's caliber), but sounds perfectly suited for electronica. If i were to sum this can up, i would label it as a grittier, edgier hd580 on steroids. More on this matter later,

adioz
basshead.gif

May 10, 2005 at 3:12 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by eitook
Yes folks...i received the dt770-80 this afternoon, and right off the bat, the bass was overhyped as it wasn't head-jarring and the highs too piercing or so I thought???

Right. I think, especially with a flat-reponsy kind of source like the iPod with no EQ, the bass is nothing to write home about. However, the bass potential is definitely there, if the EQ is tweaked a bit you can get as boomy bass as your head can handle. These are great phones, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back