Gasp! Ebay Vinyl sellers!
Feb 10, 2002 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You wont be seeing me on Head fi as much now, all thanks to ebay and all those damn records out there! I can't take it anymore...I need a JOB! LOL. I picked up some Audiophile records today in Manhattan. Really nice, but expensive!

The Police: Outlandos d' Amour: A&M Audiophile: $34.99

The Police: Reggatta de blank: Japanese Pressing!!!! $21.98
Now this Lp kicks ass cuz it has the lyrics in Japanese and English...this is a keeper! AHHH, i'm so addicted
biggrin.gif

The Police: Zenyatta Mondatta: Superdiscs version: $24.98

NIN: things fall apart $10

I dont know why i'm so addicted to vinyl, i'm getting this weird urge to set up the living room like a record store. You know, hanging up records on the wall and the such, lol

Now I bid on:

Portishead: live in NYC

THE POLICE. STING THE GIRLS AND MAKE THEM DIE 2lps, BBC recording

Radiohead Kid A - 2 LP Vinyl UK - Sealed, New

THE POLICE-6 x 7" SINGLES (1 COLOURED VINYL)

All "Buy it Now," hell, i have no need to go shopping in Manhattan anymore.

biggrin.gif

I also stopped at Virgin Megastore in Times Square, those miserable bastards deleted a bunch of records and the selections now are worthless. Some Simply Vinyl stuff mixed in, but all the cool stuff that i was looking to buy is gone! They had quite a few boxsets of 45's from various artists, like Sting. It's a shame.
frown.gif
mad.gif
eek.gif

Feb 10, 2002 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 19
Hey look i got a little tag thingy under my name, cool, and yes it fits my personality very well, lol
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2002 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 19
Hey man what the hell are you doing!!!! now everbody will be bidding our precious vinyl to the moon!! Keep this to yourself.I'm trying to get my record collection to 10,000.LOL!!!

Feb 10, 2002 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 19
LOL, i was thinking about that, thats why i didn't post any info on auctions that are still on going
biggrin.gif

I can't help it, i really love vinyl for some odd reason. Buying cd's dont give me that "YAY" factor anymore.

I really look for rare stuff too, like colored vinyl and the such. It seems that most people here buy cd's anyway.

What kind of stuff do you usually look for Tuberoller?

Feb 10, 2002 at 1:31 AM Post #5 of 19
I will pm you.I don't want to let my secrets out.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
Anyway, the love of vinyl is not odd man.I think vinyl is the best sounding medium.I know there are strong distractors but I put these people in the"too lazy to get up and change records" catagory.(That's a joke,no nastiness please).If you are a vinyl lover I hope you have a cleaning machine and a place to properly store your records.Dirt and improper storage are the two biggest factors contibuting to the disdain of records.A clicking,popping or warped record spoils the fun of listening.As far as the hunt for good stuff,well,that's half the fun.I scored some gems earlier today a at garage sale,I had to pick through some crap to get them,but I will sell the crap to someone who may want it.I think I told you before that this practice has basically made my record buying habits self-supporting.

Feb 10, 2002 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 19
You make some great points about storing. I have a stack stored at the bottom of my rack system . I also have a pile sitting in a drawer of all places since i have run out of room
frown.gif

I think its time to put up some vinyl storage shelves above my bed. I did notice that some records have that damn popping sound but i also noticed this only happens with records that have a lot of static on them. I have the brush and cleaning liquid to keep my records clean, what do i need to get rid of the static?

Garage sales? Hmmm, don't see those often, but if i do notice any postings, i will definitely pay them a visit now.
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2002 at 2:06 AM Post #7 of 19
You might find this weird, but I buy vinyl even though I have no turntable. I used to have an old Pioneer one that broke, but I still buy them and play it on other peoples equipment. Heck even my Navy recruiter has a turntable (he listens to raggae and rap). I was listening to the Training Day soundtrack @ his place the other week, then went to play some basketball (with other DEP recruits and recruiters) at local college gym.

Feb 10, 2002 at 2:18 AM Post #8 of 19
Nothing really weird about that, buy yourself a turntable someday, before they all vanish! I have a cheap Fisher turntable with a decent needle, i paid like $50 for the needle since the original one mysteriously broke one day.
mad.gif

Feb 10, 2002 at 2:49 AM Post #9 of 19
Is it true that needles/records wear out over use? What's the moderation of it?

I want a turntable (w/ all the necessary parts) that produces the least amount of distortion/artifacts for a decent price.
roller - I'll have to come by your store some day and purchase one from your selection. I've been to Chicago before by train [Amtrak] from Boston (for Taekwondo Junior Olympics).
Also, do you have or can get any old Fisher equipment? A tubed radio tuner sounds good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2002 at 3:02 AM Post #10 of 19
Hehe, Fisher, god, the stereo i have is awful. The Receiver was loud as hell, i guess you can put it in the league with the Sony 25S. The receiver eventually started dying so i replaced it with a Yamaha Receiver and the speakers stink, so i dont use them.

I hope tuberoller can help you out with a turntable. I assume needles wear out over time. In my case, my mom was kind enough to clean the turntable and snap off the needle in the process.

Feb 10, 2002 at 3:08 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
You make some great points about storing. I have a stack stored at the bottom of my rack system . I also have a pile sitting in a drawer of all places since i have run out of room
frown.gif

LOL, that's why I added a room fitted with custum built shelves to accomodate all the records! I also recently purchased some of those frames made just for album covers so I can decorate it like a vintage record store.
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2002 at 3:16 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
LOL, that's why I added a room fitted with custum built shelves to accomodate all the records! I also recently purchased some of those frames made just for album covers so I can decorate it like a vintage record store.
wink.gif

Lucky you, unfortunately i dont have that much more room. Funny thing is that i have to spend money to create room to store my records. I gotta get rid of my stereo speakers...which take up a lot of space, then buy a rack for my cds and records. I also need to change the rack on which my stereo equipment is sitting in, i wanna get one of those open rack designs. Might as well build shelves in my bedroom for records too. They're better off in there with the air filter.

Feb 10, 2002 at 6:39 AM Post #13 of 19
Hey, it's funny that we all got the same kinds of stuff and like records too.Here are a few pics of my listening"corner" with my custom Lp storage and LP frames.Also a pic of one of my Fisher Recievers and a Dual turntable that I have had for many years.http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292053293

Feb 10, 2002 at 11:50 PM Post #15 of 19
Tuberoller, we think alike. I really felt good seeing that you hang up records. This is how i would love to set my stuff up...man i need my own apartment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back