Gary Oldman or Steve Buscemi
Aug 12, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #16 of 21
steve is the man. and he dies in resovoir dogs??? i could have sworn he made it out and left... did he get shot and die outside or did i miss something... i mean i havent seen the movie in liek a year so its not that fresh in my mind

Aug 12, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
That's not his fault, since there's a little thing called typecasting, so either he can't act, or he can do a variety of roles and it just will never be seen.

How can you not typecast that face? He just plain won't work as the business executive, or the love interest (although Ghost World gave him a good shot). Directors love killing him though. Fargo = best death scenes ever so Buscemi it is.

Aug 13, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
steve is the man. and he dies in resovoir dogs??? i could have sworn he made it out and left... did he get shot and die outside or did i miss something... i mean i havent seen the movie in liek a year so its not that fresh in my mind

I thought that for years too that he made it out. But the cops get him. My roommate a few years back told me to turn it up and listen closely at the very end when Keitel and Roth are having their last moment. Something you really have to look for to ascertain the fate of Mr. Pink.

Aug 13, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
The thing is, it's tough to really compare because we've seen Oldman use actual acting skills to play actual parts. His performances seem "meh" because he's playing the part and that is that. Samuel L. Jackson used to do that too. Buscemi just always plays the same kind of quirky character. It's not really acting as such, it's just portraying the same thing over and over again in every movie. Only the lines are different.

That's not his fault, since there's a little thing called typecasting, so either he can't act, or he can do a variety of roles and it just will never be seen.

Your right, which is why I credit Olman with being technically a better actor. I just find Buscemi far more entertaining. I suppose I'm easily amused.

That and the fact that Buscemi stars in two of my top-10 favorite movies: Fargo and Reservior Dogs

Aug 13, 2006 at 9:03 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Bring everyone?

What do you mean everyone?

[size=large]EVERYONE!!!!!!![/size]

-Ed

And we can thank that film for introducing us to Natalie P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back