Gary Moore dies at 58
Feb 6, 2011 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

soozieq

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12377862

I'm shocked. I only saw him once in concert (right close up) and I'm so glad I did. It was worth it just for the guitar break in Parisienne Walkway. He was amazing to watch, and although I was never a huge fan of Thin Lizzy, I enjoyed Gary Moore very much as a soloist.

Very very very sad
frown.gif

R.I.P Gary. You will be missed.

There's no news yet of how he died.

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #3 of 9
Is this the guy who invented the moore's law??

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 9
No, just Google Moore's Law to learn about that guy.

Gary Moore is an Irish guitar virtuoso who played with the band Thin Lizzy (in the '70's) but branched out into many genres as a solo artist who fully deserves the title "musical genius". I never got to see him play live but I regularly listened to his songs on the "Friday Rock Show" - a British radio show. What an awesome talent. Very sad to hear of his death.

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
What an awesome talent. Very sad to hear of his death.

Awesome, indeed. The latest 'news', if you can believe The Sun, is that he'd only been on holiday for six hours (with his girlfriend) when it happened. Apparently, he'd been drinking champagne and brandy that evening, and when he fell asleep, he choked on his own vomit. I'm surprised his g/f didn't hear him and wake him up. What a loss.

Today, I'm listening to his CD, Platinum, which covers a lot of his solo work. It's sad....
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back