Gaps - Zen Sleek, HP3xx?, ipod, ...
Jan 18, 2006 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tmann

100+ Head-Fier
How are the gaps on these (esp compared to the iAudio X5) or any other player you may know about? (a review of the Samsung player indicated it had very small gaps (like the X5).

I saw the gap comparison someone did on all formats on the X5 - that was great (and showed that OGG is not a viable option). If that info was made available for other players it would be a big help. I guess it's too much to ask to have the manufacturers list the gaps for all formats in the specs.
rolleyes.gif

Can I get some info from people who have other players (for the various formats, if possible)? Are there still large gaps in the ipods?

I am still tempted by the Karma with all it's reliability problems because of it's gapless capability. It pisses me off that they are still making players that can't do gapless (esp considering the cost!). One more indication of the "death of the album format". Maybe I am old school but the vast majority of my listening on whatever player I get will be to albums.

Jan 19, 2006 at 9:35 AM Post #4 of 8
My h340 plays music gaplessly with rockbox installed. However using the original firmware the gaps at time were quite long. Although since I have installed rockbox I hardly use the default firmware anyway.

Jan 19, 2006 at 11:17 AM Post #5 of 8
The iRiver series rockbox plays most formats gaplessly EXCEPT for mp3 as far as I know. There is still a small audible gap when I use it. This should be fixed by the final release though. Rio showed us that it could be done!

Jan 19, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by milamber
The iRiver series rockbox plays most formats gaplessly EXCEPT for mp3 as far as I know.

My MP3's play gapless using Rockbox. The only exception is when you search within a song (RW/FF), which prevents next song to sound gapless. It's a known issue, so it will be fixed eventually.

EDIT: Here's the thread I read. It's not as simple as I said above, but still I hope they can fix it.

Jan 19, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #7 of 8
whoa ive been out of the game for awhile when i was in it, H340 rockbox was far off... apparent its out now? i might just have to Dl or wait for the final release./

Feb 7, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #8 of 8
thanks for above (I knew about Rockbox) - but can anyone tell me about the gaps in the Zen Touch and Sleek? (esp w/MP3, but the more info the better, of course). Compared to the X5 would be great, too. (same? longer?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back