Gapless transfer
Jan 3, 2009 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pmartel

100+ Head-Fier
I recenetly got a little Magnavox 2GB player as I desperately needed to upgrade from my Creative 512MB as that was wearing thin.

This is an overall very nice little player especially for the little amount of coin I put out for it.

SQ is on par with the Creative player I have.

My only beef is how does one make Windows Media gapless. It appears the version of Windows Media I have at work appears to not be the same as at home.

Recommendations on a good transfer program??

Jan 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #2 of 6
Is the magnavox a gapless player? gapless has something to do with the codec you use, but most players will not play gapless regardless of the codec. the transfer program you use should not affect the gap.

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmartel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My only beef is how does one make Windows Media gapless. It appears the version of Windows Media I have at work appears to not be the same as at home.

I think ever since WMP 9 or 10, WMP can play rip to/play WMA gaplessly. However, the only hardware that can play WMA gapless is the Zune.

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 6
That said, what recommendations for a gapless program??

Are there any decent programs out there I can use without ripping to my hard drive on my computer as it is limited in space??

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #5 of 6
I now store all my music on a portable harddrive. Can you upgrade your space at all? I never did like WMP, I like Media Monkey but it was a bit confusing and I found Foobar 2000, but it's a little complicated too. I haven't found any other way to transfer.

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 6
Sounds like the player does not support gapless playback of any contiguous files, so your only option really would be to rip all your CDs as single tracks or use special software (easy on a Mac) to concatenate all the tracks in each album.

Easier yet would be to get an iPod
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. My Rio Karma plays WMA files gaplessly, but I've only tested the capability as I prefer to load that device with Ogg Vorbis files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back