Gapless flash?
Aug 25, 2007 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

meusickfrek

100+ Head-Fier
The thought of a non-gapless player is starting to get to me. I was thinking of buying the 16g Iaudio7 but I listen to tones of live music and hate gaps, does anyone know which flash players are gapless or can be modded to gapless?

Edit: I would also like a user defined EQ

Aug 25, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 12
I don't know of one but Trekstor will be putting out a 16gb flash based version of their Vibez. I have the 12gb hdd based and it is a terrific player. Not only does it support gapless natively but FLAC as well. Can't wait till this new version comes out!

The latest iPods support gapless, I'm not sure if that includes their flash based players as well. If not, you could always Rockbox a Nano.

Aug 25, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 12
Afaik, the flash vibez will max out at 8GB when it comes out. But, yeah, expect gapless on that.

Aug 25, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The latest iPods support gapless, I'm not sure if that includes their flash based players as well. If not, you could always Rockbox a Nano.

2G Nano is natively gapless.

Aug 26, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 12
The new iPods that will arrive in a few weeks?
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read that a later firmware of the Samsung YP-Z5 is gapless.

It supposed to be gapless, but I have yet to see/read a solid confirmation. So far, its implementation is still flacky hence it shouldn't be considered as gapless capable.

So far the options outside rockbox are quite limited:
-2G nano: gapless with MP3 and AAC
-iPhone
-Sony flash players (gapless with Atrac only, except for the S70x which is gapless with AAC too)

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #10 of 12
The Z5 is supposed to be able to support Gapless via a FW update, how ever in practice this is rarely the case (in fact I have not heard from anyone who did successfully playback their MP3's gaplessly on the Z5).

Gapless did not work on my Z5, I did have the correct FW installed.

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #11 of 12
Funny, I was listening to Snoop Dogg on the plane tonight, and wishing for gapless playback! And flash, so I'd get long battery life! But one more thing would be nice too: a line-out so I can hook it up to a nice amp...

Guess that's too much to ask for now, right?
confused.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmourik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny, I was listening to Snoop Dogg on the plane tonight, and wishing for gapless playback! And flash, so I'd get long battery life! But one more thing would be nice too: a line-out so I can hook it up to a nice amp...

Guess that's too much to ask for now, right?
confused.gif

Well, there's the 2G nano. Line-out via dock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back