Ganqi Amp Module for Earphones (GAME card)
Mar 19, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #16 of 37
Is this releasing soon?

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #19 of 37
Any first views or listening impressions from GAME card buyers ?

There is already few comments in other posts, but all are very succint. Beyond having a best volume control, what are the most noticable differences, sonically speaking ?

I am using my HM-801 with IEM (EM3 pro), and I'm very satisfied with the build in amp sound. The only minor drawback is the inbalance at low volume, but (with my IEM) it's only annoying when listening at low volume too (dynamicaly) compressed music (like pop). Not an issue with classical or jazz recording.

I don't want to buy the "game" only to have a more convenient volume control... so any views about how it sounds would be greatly apreciated (please mention what IEM your are using). Thank you in advance.

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by gatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is already few comments in other posts, but all are very succint. Beyond having a best volume control, what are the most noticable differences, sonically speaking ?

I am using my HM-801 with IEM (EM3 pro), and I'm very satisfied with the build in amp sound. The only minor drawback is the inbalance at low volume, but (with my IEM) it's only annoying when listening at low volume too (dynamicaly) compressed music (like pop). Not an issue with classical or jazz recording.

I don't want to buy the "game" only to have a more convenient volume control... so any views about how it sounds would be greatly apreciated (please mention what IEM your are using). Thank you in advance.

Honestly, if you're not having issues with the channel imbalance, save yourself the money and enjoy it. I have the GAME card but any difference I may perceive can easily be counted towards simply listening to it louder. As I have no way to volume match the two amps, there is no way to draw a real conclusion on differences.

Wait for the ultra high end amp board to spend your money on. I'm listening with JH-13

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by gatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

if volume control on IEM phone is the main reason for game card...... could Independence cable save few hundred bucks for you may be ?? any one try it out ??

i actually turn the volume to the minimum (as if i turn it off) when i listen to 801 while going to bed lol

i felt the volume is just right for me to fall in sleep while not worry about damage my hearing..... or am i still going to damage my hearing ?? any one
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, if you're not having issues with the channel imbalance, save yourself the money and enjoy it. I have the GAME card but any difference I may perceive can easily be counted towards simply listening to it louder. As I have no way to volume match the two amps, there is no way to draw a real conclusion on differences.

Wait for the ultra high end amp board to spend your money on. I'm listening with JH-13

Thank for this advice. According to Fang, the GAME is already the high end for IEM : anyway it would be nice to know what plans he has for future new amp cards.

Sep 4, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #24 of 37
Question:
Will the GAME card drive 50ohm headphones?  I have some Senn 555's that I like to use.  They are rated @ 50 ohm and I would still like to use them when I am tired of wearing the IEM's.

Thanks.

Sep 4, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #26 of 37
The ohms have nothing to do with driving them.  Its all about the sensitivity of the driver.  And 50ohms is nothing hard (volume wise) to 'drive'.

Quote:
Question:
Will the GAME card drive 50ohm headphones?  I have some Senn 555's that I like to use.  They are rated @ 50 ohm and I would still like to use them when I am tired of wearing the IEM's.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back