Gaming / travelling headset
Feb 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Arnovic

New Head-Fier
Hi,
Im new to this site and someone recommended to post my question here.
The headphones I now have (AKG-K430) are broken and I can get my money back. I disliked them because they were uncomfy after a long time of wearing.
I will use my headphones for gaming and listening to music from my iPod and PC in that order.
I also want to use it when I'm travelling so it has to be quite strong and also compact, a detachable mic would be awesome.
I like heavy bass (dubstep) but the bass shouldnt ruin the other tones, clarity must stay.
My budget is around 100 euros.
Grtz, Arnovic

Edit: typos

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 10
While they are not at all travel headphones I am quite happy with my Turtle Beach X12 for gaming purposes.  The sound quality is solid enough for only $50 but they have, frankly, incredible bass.  There is a bass boost scroller on the DSP and even with it turned up all the way the bass remains clear and controlled through all the power; no muddyness at all.  So absolutely perfect for big, booming explosions.  The microphone is also crystal clear.  I really can't imagine getting anything better on a headset. 

On top of all that they are very comfortable.  I can wear them for hours with no strain or soreness.

The only con, in your case, would be that they require USB power, so unless you will be using a laptop they are not traveling phones.

So they are a great gaming headset, but sonically a step down from AKG-K430s I bet.

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
The Turtle Beach X12's wont be an option because I want to use them to listen to my iPod as well..
Anyone else got some ideas?

Edit: What is you guyes' opinion about the Astro A30s? (http://www.astrogaming.com/headsets/a30-headsets/a30-headset-astro-edition)

I was actually just about to mention the A30s. They seem like they'd be great for you considering that they're very portable and have a detachable microphone. Also, they don't scream gaming headphone like the TB's do

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
I was actually just about to mention the A30s. They seem like they'd be great for you considering that they're very portable and have a detachable microphone. Also, they don't scream gaming headphone like the TB's do

That does look much better
biggrin.gif
.  Also very stylish.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #9 of 10
Not sure about the advantages when using it with a computer but when used with say an xbox it converts the headset from stereo to surround sound.

As far as I know of, there is no audio cards that emulate surround sound through a single 3.5mm plug.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
Not sure about the advantages when using it with a computer but when used with say an xbox it converts the headset from stereo to surround sound.

As far as I know of, there is no audio cards that emulate surround sound through a single 3.5mm plug.

Any soundcard with support for Dolby Digital Live and Dolby Headphone will do this. There are actually a very large number which have these features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back