Gaming Sound Card Help
Sep 6, 2009 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Arggugi

New Head-Fier
After asking which headphones would be the best for GAMING purpose only in a reasonable price (150 USD -100 EUR)

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/gam...30/index2.html

I found out that for maximum POSITIONAL AUDIO ACCURACY i needed an X Fi sound card with CMSS-3D.

So I've been looking for a x fi sound card, but have found so many of them , bulk edition, fatality edition, extreme gamer,audio,music,titanium....

The only thing I need is POSITIONAL AUDIO ACCURACY and I'm willing to spend up to 100 eur (150 USD ).

P.S. I live in Italy, not in America, and prices are quite different, and most American stores don't ship to Europe.

Sep 6, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 5
Gaming has built in positional audio, CMS3D is just expansion DSP used ontop of any source. It doesn't do a great job for music. X-Fi may be the most common gaming card but they do have own share of problems (and terribly bloaty drivers that never get updated) I've got a X-Fi Extreme Music.

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 5
I have an X-Fi Xtremegamer Fatal1ty Professional - it's great in games. Basically, anything like the regular Extremegamer or higher is fine.

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Don't get the Xtreme Audio or any of the USB variants.

The base models - Xtreme Gamer, Xtreme Music and Titanium should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back