Gaming/Skyping headphone with mic
Nov 26, 2006 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Alu

Headphoneus Supremus
I need a new headphone for skyping/gaming and such (maybe movies and music as well), so first of all it has to have a microphone on it. The quality doesn't have to be super, but it wouldn't hurt if it was OK. My budget is around under 50€. Sturdiness and comfort would be important as well...especially since I intend to wear it a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 20
I assume one of the Logitech headsets ($30) or Sennheiser headsets would do. Both are OK, quality and comfort wise, for their price.

I know AKG have two headsets as well, yet I never had them. They do seem comfy thou.

Nov 26, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can't you buy clip on mics for around 20 bucks?

Its actually the best solution.
Not only do you enjoy your own audiophile headphones, but you can also use your money to invest in a proper microphone and not split it up to both the earphones and microphone.

Plus, its a known fact that headsets aren't durable and tend to break quite often.

Nov 26, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 20
I appreciate the input, but I'm most definately not going to put a clip-on mic on my cd3k. Mainly because I sweat while wearing them when it's hot, and I don't want to ruin the pleather too much. But a clip-on mic (that's more or less decent) with a good headphone under 50€ would be a good idea too I guess.

Nov 26, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #7 of 20
maybe there is a clip on mic you could put on your shirt or something? maybe that's what they meant.

Nov 26, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #8 of 20
Yeah I don't think they even make clip-on mics that actually attach to the headphones...maybe the headphone cord? The most common ones attach to your shirt or are on a stand and you put them in front of you.

And what's this about not wanting to use the CD3k because you sweat? If that's the case, why wear them at all?
confused.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #9 of 20
Ok look, I don't want to wear the CD3k for 5 hours straight, but I want to wear the new headphones I'll be using for 5 hours straight. I use the CD3k for music listening purposes only, which is about 2-3 hours or less a day. I don't want a shirt clip-on mic.

Nov 26, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #13 of 20
I just use a logitech usb mic and my UE-5c for gaming. Have the best sound and the ic works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back