[GAMING] Sennheiser pc350 + DAC AMP vs Beyerdynamic dt770 / dt900
Jun 10, 2016 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Killj0y

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

After my last gaming headset broke, i've decided to replace it with a real pair of headphones.
My budget is 150€, but since the headphones that i wanted to buy (Beyerdynamic dt770 or dt990 250 ohm) require a good AMP or DAC (which i'm going to buy in the future anyway) i've come down to 2 options:

1) Fiio 10k // Creative soundblaster Z (they both costs around 80€) + Sennheiser pc350 2015 edition (i know they are not very good but for 70€ i guess it's a fair trade)

2) Beyerdynamic dt770 or dt990 32/80 ohm (140€)

In the end, it's a decent AMP + a cheaper headset (that i will replace in the future), against a good headphone with lower omh (that will be paired with an AMP in the future).
In both cases i'm going to do an upgrade once i've got the money for it, but i'd like know the opinion of people with more experience than me, and if 70€ (=80US$) for the pc350 is an honest price even if it's an evil headset

Other infos...
- My motherboard is an ASUS MAXIMUS HERO VII which uses a "ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC" which many people say is a fairly decent default SC but as we all know it cannot be compared with the one i'm gonna buy
- I have been able to "save" the mic from my older headset, so that's not a problem
- Online, I mainly play FPS

If you have any other suggestion let me know! But since i live in europe many things here have CRAZY prices, so it could be different from the pricetag you know

Thanks for the help!

Jun 10, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 7
  After my last gaming headset broke, i've decided to replace it with a real pair of headphones.
My budget is 150€, but since the headphones that i wanted to buy (Beyerdynamic dt770 or dt990 250 ohm) require a good AMP or DAC (which i'm going to buy in the future anyway) i've come down to 2 options:
1) Fiio 10k // Creative Sound Blaster Z (they both costs around 80€) + Sennheiser pc350 2015 edition (i know they are not very good but for 70€ i guess it's a fair trade)
2) Beyerdynamic dt770 or dt990 32/80 ohm (140€)
In the end, it's a decent AMP + a cheaper headset (that i will replace in the future), against a good headphone with lower omh (that will be paired with an AMP in the future).
In both cases i'm going to do an upgrade once i've got the money for it, but i'd like know the opinion of people with more experience than me, and if 70€ (=80US$) for the pc350 is an honest price even if it's an evil headset
Other infos...
- My motherboard is an ASUS MAXIMUS HERO VII which uses a "ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC" which many people say is a fairly decent default SC but as we all know it cannot be compared with the one i'm gonna buy
- I have been able to "save" the mic from my older headset, so that's not a problem
- Online, I mainly play FPS
If you have any other suggestion let me know! But since i live in europe many things here have CRAZY prices, so it could be different from the pricetag you know
Thanks for the help!

As your into FPS gaming, my two cents is to get the SB-Z card, then spend whatever is leftover for headphones.

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #4 of 7
In the end i prefer to upgrade my computer first, so i've done as you said.
I hope that the Senn are good for the money though, otherwise i'll return them in exchange for a pair of Takstars 2050

Jun 14, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #6 of 7
  In the end i prefer to upgrade my computer first, so i've done as you said.
I hope that the Senn are good for the money though, otherwise i'll return them in exchange for a pair of Takstars 2050

I own the HI2050 and use them for gaming, they work very well with a ModMic attached.  Very comfortable, good balanced sound, and a nice sound stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back