Gaming Replacement for Sennheiser 555
Dec 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Vardefell

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I have been lurking this site for quite some time, and partially the reason I bought the 555s I have right now was because of some recommendations given to other people via this forum, so I decided to join as I have a question of my own that i cant quite seem to find the answer too.

Right now as I have said, I own a pair of 555s and I have little to no issue with them at the moment, except for the fact that they get dirty quickly. I have decided I do not want velour pads anymore, so basically I would like a recommendation for a decent pair of headphones that are leather/pleather ONLY.

I will mention that I am currently using an x-fi pro go! USB sound card, only because the mini-itx board I am using does not allow me to install an internal sound card. I am not sure if it would be better to get a desktop amp or something else besides the USB sound card. The reason I got it was for the CMSS-3d feature (I have had experience with this feature via my old 'x-fi xtreme gamer' sound card) which is nice for games like battlefield 4 for positioning, but i admit I have not tried any other alternative.

So anyway ill list the things that I want in a headphone that or important to me and if you feel like you could help, please don't hesitate to give me some info :D :

1. Pleather/leather pads (non-velour, get dirty easy fabric)

2. Sound positioning (I play BF4 often and like to have that "advantage")

3. Immersion (I can sacrifice a bit to have better sound positioning)

4. The ability to adjust volume via hardware

5. Everything else (I do not need/want a microphone)

Also I would like to know if the USB go pro! is worth keeping or if I should aim to get something else, again I cant use internal sound cards so I am kinda forced to use something external.

I was also thinking about getting an amp or something to be able to manually adjust the sound without having to do it via windows or in-game, I would like to be able to ditch my speaker system as its pretty inferior to my headphones, I only keep them on my desk because I need the headphone jack with volume adjustment, otherwise I have to adjust the volume via software.

My price range to spend is around 100-250 USD.

Thanks in advanced for your feedback.

Dec 5, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 4
Ok well i decided im going with these:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-DJ1-PRO-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00101TBB2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1386284962&sr=1-1&keywords=dj1pro

found them on ebay for 100 USD "new" supposedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back