gaming + music = which soundcard?
Sep 23, 2006 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

demoNMaCHiN3

100+ Head-Fier
As the title of the topic implies, I'm searching for a soundcard that is great for gaming, but can also deliver great audio quality. I've been looking around and found that for gaming, an X-Fi Xtreme Music would be the best choice and for music listening/audio ripping, an ESI Juli@ or M-Audio would be the proper choice. However, I don't know what would be the best for gaming AND music. I use my DT770 for gaming (avid Counterstrike player, compete in leagues/lan tourneys, etc) and I love to listen to music (ibizia, dream, epic trance; vocal and epic house; tribal; drum & bass; rave). I think my best bet would be an ESI Juli@ however I don't really know any reputable dealers (would anyone vouch for http://www.digitalproaudio.com/esi-maya-44.html ?), however, I'm not entirely sure and I ask for your help
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks!

Sep 23, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 3
if you are even remotely serious about your gaming the x-fi is the only card that will deliver

sound quality is greatly improved over previous creative cards so it will give decent music quality

the only other option is a second soundcard (or external device) just for music

Sep 23, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #3 of 3
Definetly X-fi ext music...hands down, have my doubt once before purchase

BTW for those who use a speaker and headphones at the same time platinum are worth considering

Users who are viewing this thread

Back