Gaming mic, not desk mounted
Oct 16, 2008 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Technex

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Before I go spending money and waiting for shipping I just wanted to check it through here, as you guys really know what you're talking about!
atsmile.gif

In the market for a gaming mic which isn't desk mounted, I was looking at the clip ones and they look nice, not sure what other choices there are.

I'm looking at the Zalman ZM-MIC1, looks nice, little pricey (but no worries), is it good?

What other options are there?

Thank you!

Oct 16, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 8
$7 is pricey? You are in the wrong forums then lol.

It works great. I have had one for years and probably 100 headphones.

Oct 17, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$7 is pricey? You are in the wrong forums then lol.

It works great. I have had one for years and probably 100 headphones.

No, no I meant for what it is, lol! Don't get me wrong, haha!

Thanks, nice to know it works good!
beerchug.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 8
For another option you can use a proper pair of headphones on your ears and a headset (I've only ever spent enough to get something that's clear) around your neck with the mic poking up beside your mouth. I find this gets the mic in a nice position and is very comfortable, even for my extended (12hrs+ sometimes) gaming periods
darthsmile.gif

Oct 17, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 8
Honestly it's a good idea but why isn't there anything on the market specificity for this?

The Zalman has bad reviews so I'll skip that.

I'll just go without, but thanks anyway.

Oct 18, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 8
I use a Logitech USB headset for gaming and it works well and only cost about twenty bucks. Headphone sound quality is not bad either. This works better for me because on the X-Fi the mic is also your digital I/O and I am using that jack to feed my EMU 0404 digitally already.

Oct 18, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 8
I had that Zalman one, and it isn't that good. I use speakers with my PC161's wrapped around my neck.

Are you looking for a mic to attach to your headphones? I would just buy a cheap headset with a noise canceling mic, and then mod that mic onto your headphones. Just make sure you get a noise canceling unit.

OR! I almost forgot about this, but you can buy around-the-neck noise canceling microphones. Fully adjustable. I'll try Googling because I can't remember where I saw them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back