Gaming Headset
Feb 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MartynB85

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys

Newbie here, after a bit of advice.

I need to purchase a new headset for online pc gaming, mainly Battlefield 3. I have tried to use my AKG K550's with a clip on mic, but i get complaints that my voice is very quiet, but i am speaking very loudly as i can't here my own voice with the AKG's on, the mrs says i'm shouting....

Anyway i want something that will give me very good positional awareness, i was going to give the Roccat Kave with its 5.1 a try. Am i going to be really un-impressed with a headset like this after using the AKG's? What do you guys recommend?

Thanks

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 4
What kind of mic do you have, and do you have the mic levels adjusted properly to pick up your voice?  You will probably notice a downgrade in the sound quality with any headset.  I'd look into possibly upgrading your mic first.

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
What kind of mic do you have, and do you have the mic levels adjusted properly to pick up your voice?  You will probably notice a downgrade in the sound quality with any headset.  I'd look into possibly upgrading your mic first.

I have a clip on mic, i tried clipping it to the neck of my t-shirt.

Quote:
Sourced this for the same problem..

http://www.modmic.com/

Yeah discovered those a while ago, although they never seem to have stock :frowning2:

Do you know if the AKG K550's are rated for gaming? If i used these i would buy a decent sound card, and hope i can play my voice though the headphones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back