Gaming Headset upgrade
Mar 30, 2021 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JediMa70

500+ Head-Fier
I’d like to make a good step in Headset gaming quality and to replace my Hypex Revolver S. I’m considering to buy Sennheiser GSP 500 (or 600) and Sennheiser GSX 1000 for surround. I can’t get them together because of my budget so it’s a 2 steps thing. Do I really need the GSX? At the moment I’m also using DAC Topping D50 with an JDS Atom amp but I use them for music only with my set of headphones (HD 600 – AKG 712 Pro – Hifiman He560, Vmoda M100, Meze 99 classic , Fostek 50 MRP and AKG K371 that again I use only for audiophile listening because I don’t want to use them for whole days on like I do with the gaming ones…). Any advice is extremely welcome

Apr 9, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 2
I’d like to make a good step in Headset gaming quality and to replace my Hypex Revolver S. I’m considering to buy Sennheiser GSP 500 (or 600) and Sennheiser GSX 1000 for surround. I can’t get them together because of my budget so it’s a 2 steps thing. Do I really need the GSX? At the moment I’m also using DAC Topping D50 with an JDS Atom amp but I use them for music only with my set of headphones (HD 600 – AKG 712 Pro – Hifiman He560, Vmoda M100, Meze 99 classic , Fostek 50 MRP and AKG K371 that again I use only for audiophile listening because I don’t want to use them for whole days on like I do with the gaming ones…). Any advice is extremely welcome
I can't speak to the headsets you're considering. But as far as the need for the GSX 1000 or any hardware solution for sound, you don't need that. You can use Dolby Atmos or other PC software for that (assuming you're on PC). There's pros and cons going either way.

I use a PC38X headset connected to the headset jack on my PC. I use Dolby Atmos for surround. I play COD and Battlefield and have no problems locating sounds (footsteps are my biggest concern). I have different amp on the way to improve audio beyond this, and it doesn't have onboard surround.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back