Gaming Headset Recommendation
Jan 19, 2019 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

whitedragon551

100+ Head-Fier
As the title states, Im looking for some gaming headset recommendations. Im partial to Razer as thats what the rest of my peripherals are and Im a little OCD, but I dont think people have alot of good things to say compared to other headsets.

Currently Im looking at the HyperX headsets and am leaning towards the HyperX Cloud 2's. Im looking to spend less than $100 and I dont want inline mic/volume controls in the cabling. Ive never had good luck with that.

EDIT: Forgot to mention these will most likely be used with my Daart Canary via optical.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 3
The Hyper X Cloud 2 is far better than anything Razer makes and they sound better too. I have owned multiple kinds of both brands. Just watch getting a lighter colored Hyper X. I had the white ones and set them on a stained wood coffee table and they turned brown. Lol. I ended up picking up a pair of Philips X1's for a $100 in these forums and bought a V-Moda Mod mic for $29 and it is almost like cheating (Endgame). My friends use me to give them all call outs in COD Blackout. Unbelievable soundstage. Audio-Technica ATH-AD700x with a Zalman Zm-Mic1 is another awesome combo for under $100 pinpoint accuracy just no low end. Good luck.-Quinn

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 3
Vmoda Boom Mic or an Antlion Mod Mic? I currently use a Mod Mic and its dying.

Ive been looking at VMODA Crossfade LP wireless with the boom mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back