gaming headphones
Mar 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #76 of 81
Quote:
If you are so newbie to such things and don't know anything, then you should try reading many of the helpful posts in here.

No offense but every time we answer a question a new question arise.

I mean you are welcome to post anything and ask any question but a simple search would have solved your problems and give you enough knowledge to everything.

Its really simple as this:

DT770 PRO-80: Require an amp to sound it's best, its told to be the bassiest between all of the other DT770s.
DT770 PRO-32: Does not require an amp though Its told to benefit from one.
DT770 PRO-250: DOes require an amp its told to be brighter than the others.

All those are bass heavy and have a decent sound stage.

HD598: does not require an amp though it may benefit from one.

DT770 closed vs HD598 open

everything is listed and summarized here. it doesnt have to be complicated. 

Just pick the one that best suit you.

Hope I helped.

its not that im that newbie... i mean i am a little newbie but the harder thing about this is the lang berrier that i dont understand the word itself but when you say what it does i understand it better to what you mean...

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #78 of 81
Buy the HD598 and you'll be fine. If you're serious about gaming and play battlefield etc. this isn't even a discussion. Sound stage and imaging are what's important here. You don't need a bassy closed headphone like the 770.

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #80 of 81
Buy the HD598 and you'll be fine. If you're serious about gaming and play battlefield etc. this isn't even a discussion. Sound stage and imaging are what's important here. You don't need a bassy closed headphone like the 770.

So true.  I use my Audio Technica A900 headphones (open) for gaming and they are so much better than my ATH M50s (closed) for soundstage.  Sometimes the sounds are so real as far as clarity and direction go that I have to look around the room to make sure it's coming from the headphones.  I clip this mic right onto the headphone cord and it works great: Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone (<$10 at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1).

Jan 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #81 of 81
I just purchased the Astro A40 Wireless Mixamp Bundle.  Although they are not audiophile-grade headphones, the build quality is rather impressive and they worked with my PS3 right out of the box.  If you plan to (or have already) upgraded to PS4, you must get the A50's as the A40's are not compatible**.  

Yes, there are cheaper and better alternatives out there...but I am too lazy to piecemeal a gaming set together with separate components...and I'd still need the Mixamp for wireless use with my PS3.

Just my 2-cents...spend it how you will.

**CORRECTION

The 2013 Astro A40 headset with MixAmp "Pro" IS compatible with the PS4 console.

I actually purchased a new (old stock) 2012 model with the original MixAmp 5.8, which is not compatible...but was $75 cheaper than the 2013 edition, and I don't foresee upgrading my PS3 anytime soon anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back