Gaming headphones
Jan 29, 2008 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

wizia

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone. A friend of mine told me about this site so here I am. My question is about gaming headphones, I own a Sennheiser HD555 and an X-Fi Xtreme Music and play competitive FPS, such as cod4, aa, cs and others. At the moment my sound is right but not what I would like it to be.

I did some research and many people recommend audio-technica headphones. ATH-AD900, ATH-A900, Beyerdynamics DT-770 80 ohms are the few ones I have heard of.

What I am looking for are headphones that can provide me the most exact position of the "enemy".

Thanks in advance.

[size=xx-small]Oh, and sorry for my English.
tongue.gif
[/size]

Jan 30, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 47
Beyerdynamic MMX300 without a doubt. I play in CGS.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #6 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyerdynamic MMX300 without a doubt. I play in CGS.
smily_headphones1.gif

Either that, or a winner combo of the Koss KSC75 and the Logitech USB microphone.

Jan 30, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #7 of 47
The Audio Technica models will be driven better unamped than the straight headphones mentioned. Beyer's MMX300 is an unknown quantity to me. I can say that a direct comparison between one of its predecessors: the MMX1 and AD700s led to me purchasing the AD700s.

Jan 30, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #8 of 47
Thanks for you answers.

HD555 does the job quite good in games and music, but usually on closed/open maps I can't hear the enemy coming untill he is next to me.

Jan 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #9 of 47
anything. eax and pseudo surround sound with your sound card is more important then headphones really. Get a headphone that is comfortable and closed (if you lan). IEMs are good but too but at lans you really want to hear your teammates screaming at you. Make sure you get a cheap lapel mic or something too.

Jan 30, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #12 of 47
Get HD555s.... they're do everything you need. I'll go ahead and say you don't need anything more than your sound card into your headphones. That performs fine in FPS games like counterstrike 1.6 and I've used plenty of headphones. You're performance can't be hurt by using HD555s... Also, the presentation is just very nice for games... The laid back sound takes the harshness out of the treble and they are incredibly comfortable. Great for games and movies... if I didn't want a closed headphone, I wouldn't use anything but Sennheiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back