New Head-Fier
i am looking for some good headphones for gaming---i recently used

http://www.xoxide.com/za51suulgahe.html

i was wondering if anyone knows if

http://www.xoxide.com/icemat-siberia-headset-white.html

are any good---i am also considering buying sennheiser 555's

any recommendations or open dicussion is aprecciated
smily_headphones1.gif

im mainly looking for closed circumaural---but open is fine but i have them go around my ears because i wear headphones for extended periods of time and it makes my ears hurt if they dont go all the way around

Jun 17, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #2 of 34
ANY headphone with the words "Gaming Headphones" in the title will be the farthest thing you want from what you are truely seeking. Not sure what your budget is, but I would NOT recommend either of those.

The 5.1 thing is a gimmick, and the Icemats are nothing special at all.

If your using these for the computer, I strongly recommend the Creative X-fi and any of the Audio Technica line. A/AD500s-A/AD900s.

Playing games with my X-fi and AD-700 is nothing but utter enjoyment with CMSS-3D on.

If your asking why the Audio Technicas, well for one thier SUPER comfortable.
Two, they sound great (at least my 700s do)
and third, they look cool as well!
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 34
yeah well i was just stating my main use of the the headphones and my pricerange is less than 200$---but i am looking for something great for gaming and watching dvds with

or a headset that is good (headphone+mic combo)

Jun 17, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 34
My brother has a pair of Icemats and I've tried them out with games such as Counter Strike: Source. They really are not too amazing. Many people like them, but to tell you the truth the sound quality really is not anything special. My very cheap senns are just as good as them for gaming, IMO. From what I've heard the Zalmans are absolute crap, as are most of the 5.1 channel headphones. They don't give you the advantage that companies try to market.

I'm about to buy a pair of A700s for both gaming and music. You should take a look at the A500, A700, and A900 headphones from Audio-Technica like the poster above me suggested. Only the A700 is officially imported into America, but you can get them all for a great price at Audiocubes. They are very stylish and felt comforatable when I tried them on in a store. I haven't used them yet for gaming, but they are suggested a lot here for it.

Jun 17, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by millionsknives
yeah well i was just stating my main use of the the headphones and my pricerange is less than 200$---but i am looking for something great for gaming and watching dvds with

or a headset that is good (headphone+mic combo)

The Sen 595 can be had for 182.00 at Amazon..I use them for 360 gaming..Awesome, especially HitMan BM & Doom..I'l be upgrading to the 650's on Tuesday..Will make a comparison..

Jun 17, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
The Sen 595 can be had for 182.00 at Amazon..I use them for 360 gaming..Awesome, especially HitMan BM & Doom..I'l be upgrading to the 650's on Tuesday..Will make a comparison..

hmmm i read a few reviews and it seems they are really open is that true?

Jun 17, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #8 of 34
The world has changed. The young generations are buying senn hds for GAMING!

Jun 17, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig

Yep!..I'm 34, but am a baby when it comes to Hi Fi audio..So I don't know any better..Basically, I use them for Music, movies, & gaming..But I bought the HP's mostly for gaming & movies..

Jun 17, 2006 at 8:26 AM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig

make a post wanting headphone suggestions in gaming forum, and the usual reply is "just get sennheisers." it's disgusting tbh.

Jun 17, 2006 at 8:27 AM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanatos
make a post wanting headphone suggestions in gaming forum, and the usual reply is "just get sennheisers." it's disgusting tbh.

haha yeah thats where the 555 option came from but you guys are way better at helping
smily_headphones1.gif
so far my heart is set on the a700---but if i can find a500--i might hit that up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back