Gaming Headphones, what choices do I have? (help)
Aug 4, 2017 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

l0rdraiden

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a headphones mostly for gaming since I already have an ATH-MSR7, the problems with this ones is that are quite heavy, so after an hour or so I end up with neck pain. I use microphone and I have attached to them a solution like this https://imgur.com/gallery/bKU4H it simply works well.

So I'm looking for a new headphones mostly for gaming, light, comfortable, transpirable material, with 3.5mm jack, mic and sound I would like to avoid USB headphones if they don't have the option to use them with 3.5mm because I want to use my sound card so I get a better sound. Headphones with microphone integrated would be nice. Sound positioning is important, and wired, I don't want antennas in my head xD

So far the only option I have seen (with microphone) are the hyperx cloud I. What other options do I have with mic integrated and without?

Budget is around 100-150€

Aug 4, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #2 of 4
Hyper X Cloud 2 is a very good choice for gaming. I use the HD598 open back because it has a vastly wider soundstage than any "gaming headphone" and has better sound quality also. It's absolutely perfect for competitive games as well, but being open backed, it'll leak sound both in and out. It has a 1/4" jack but that can obviously be converted to 3.5 with a small adapter. Its also one of the most comfortable headphones on the market and is very breathable. No microphone obviously but usually things with mics are gaming headsets and, with the exception of the hyper x, most gaming headsets are overpriced and don't perform as well as entry level audiophile headphones. If you have a mic solution, I'd highly recommend the Sennheiser HD598 for sure.

Aug 5, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 4
+1 on the HD558 and AD700x and for the concept @cossix pointed out that in general most gaming headsets sound inferior to comparably or lower priced standard headphones. As @Tacanacy mentions, there are good microphone solutions available for these standard headphones. I would personally go for one of the open solutions because of their superior soundstage and sometimes, imaging. Just my thoughts and YMMV, as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back