Gaming Headphones : Ultrasone
Nov 27, 2002 at 4:19 AM Post #16 of 20
DW, i noticed that the Terratec DMX 6-Fire does ad2.0. what did you pay for it? and what's the lowest price you've found?

Nov 27, 2002 at 4:29 AM Post #17 of 20
The only price I found was $250. I looked at a bunch of places and it was set, so I bought it at JD Sound, which is about 100 miles north from where I live, so I got fast cheap shipping. If you mean A3D 2.0, I don't believe it does, it does EAX 2.0 though... Actually, I haven't been able to get A3D working, but I've only tried two quake 3 engine things for A3D, and I haven't messed with it much since I hardly ever play games. But I'm not too woried, even without A3D the sound in games is a lot better than with my SB.

There is a "Light" version of the card that just has a seperate back piece with Digital I/O and no breakout box that goes for around $170, if $250 is too much, but I wanted the box. Anyway, it's a retty solid card, the electronics are high quality and it really works well.

Nov 30, 2002 at 5:40 PM Post #18 of 20
Have you guys seen the M-Audio Revolution ?? it's awesome

http://www.digitalconnection.com/Pro...revolution.asp

it's only $100 US dollars from there... let me know what you guys think of it... I love it, it will suit me well for Gaming.. I'll prolly end up buying it... so far everything i can think of about it is just awesome ! ! check it out... let me know what you guys think

Nov 30, 2002 at 6:31 PM Post #19 of 20
see I told you!

first 4.1, then 5.1, then 6.1, now 7.1 !

guess they'll be issuing remastered dvd's in 7.1
tongue.gif

sounds like its a dx only part. doesn't sound like it supports eax, samsura sound and ad1 & ad2.

Dec 1, 2002 at 4:01 AM Post #20 of 20
stormlifter,

I have the Beyer 250-80. I bought them from Headroom almost 2 years ago. I needed a headphone for my late night (console gaming) - didn't want to wake up my wife and newborn son. The 250-80 do not need an amp to sound good, but an amp takes them to another (better) level. I do not know what the power output on the headphone out of a soundcard, but the headphone out of my Klipsch PM 2.1 will drive any of my headphones to earsplitting levels.

The Beyers have great isolation, comfort, and construction. The only drawback may be the size of the earpads. Even though they are circumaural phones, its a tight fit for our bretheren with bigger/wider ears. IMHO, they are comfortable even for those 2-3 hour gaming sessions.

I'd highly recommend the 250-80 for your audio and gaming needs.

Regards - reynman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back