Gaming headphones on a budget
Jun 10, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #16 of 45
I have a pair of Sennheiser PC30 (microphone/headphones). I bought these after writing to Sennheiser and asking them which headset had the "closest to PX100 sound" since that is my favorite cheap open can (well, it was, until the KSC35 came along). Anyway, Senn USA said the PC30 is basically the PX100 with a microphone added. And way cheaper too! Got my PC30 from Amazon for $24.65 or some absurdly cheap amount.

Jun 10, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #18 of 45
There are others that may be as good but I was at a met and heard them. Afterward while talking about how they surprised me, others talked about how several of them have several pairs of them. They are closed which is good for gaming as well. Do a search for them here and see what Headroom's opinion of them are.

I do not own them so I have nothing in this thread to sell or to defend.

Check out this thread, Ultimate $50 Setup

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showp...94&postcount=1

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartw101
The Sennheiser HD201's are £15 i can afford to spend double that so if there are any better?

Thanks so much for your replies, im hoping to order before monday.

Oh, i play counter strike alot and also the odd bf2 game.

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #20 of 45
I owned a pair of the HD201 and did some limited gaming with them for a few months last fall. They were a large dissapointment to me... they sound rather "dead" and require amplification. Much more so than the HD280, which is better for gaming. I wouldn't do the 201, or the 280 because of their rolled off bass frequencies though.

If I'm playing a game, I want there to be 'splosions, and the A900 (or A700 I tested) and the DT770 can do that like no other (except the GS1000, which rocks for gaming).

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #21 of 45
Quote:

Can't seem to find the Koss KSC35 on any UK sites, why is it when theres a good product i cant find it. I can find the 75 but not the 35's.

I'm not sure the exact saga, but I know you can find them on ebay, and for a while they were on Koss's website for ordering.

The 75 is damned good though, and better built / more comfortable for most people. Half the price too, in some places...

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #22 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
There are others that may be as good but I was at a met and heard them. Afterward while talking about how they surprised me, others talked about how several of them have several pairs of them. They are closed which is good for gaming as well. Do a search for them here and see what Headroom's opinion of them are.

I do not own them so I have nothing in this thread to sell or to defend.

Check out this thread, Ultimate $50 Setup

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showp...94&postcount=1

K thanks for that link, i hope you don't think im ungrateful for your comments, im a noob in terms of audio so im def listening to everyone. Didn't think there was so much to know about headphones
tongue.gif

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #23 of 45
No problem, the other guys have good suggestions as well.

There is not that much to know about headphones, what is hard to learn is how to deal with all the various opinions you have coming at you.

And most of all, what sound do you desire and how to get it. This is somewhat of a mystery for each of us.

Quote:

K thanks for that link, i hope you don't think im ungrateful for your comments, im a noob in terms of audio so im def listening to everyone. Didn't think there was so much to know about headphones
tongue.gif

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #24 of 45
Yeah, it takes a while to figure out what sound you're actually looking for... and sometimes it doesn't exist or is expensive.

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #26 of 45
Yeah, right! Once you start listening to music with whichever you get. Once you have the taste for it, your hooked. What is the watch word around here?

Sorry for your wallet.

Quote:

Yeah, i mainly want the headphones for gaming.

Jun 10, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #27 of 45
The funny things is im more confused about which ones to get now then i did before, but atleast now i know which ones not to get.

Its just about deciding between the ones suggested.

I think these are on the shortlist at the moment:

Koss KSC35
Sennheiser HD415

Jun 10, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #28 of 45
See, I told you so...
biggrin.gif

Consider it as you not being able to loose in this particular situation.

Quote:

The funny things is im more confused about which ones to get now then i did before, but atleast now i know which ones not to get.

Its just about deciding between the ones suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back