*sigh* You can lead a horse to water...
wink.gif

May 26, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
*sigh* You can lead a horse to water...
wink.gif

tongue.gif

All people have said is "get the A900", or "get the DT770", or "they'd both be great". Has nobody owned them both that can give me a direct comparison, or am I gonna have to buy them both and sell the one I don't like as much? I'm not overflowing with money here[/student_moaning]
wink.gif

Oh, and a) your search link doesn't work, as each searchid is time- and person-limited, and b) I've done the same search for gaming and countless times had the three above opinions offered. But never a comparison.

May 26, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #34 of 37
Okay, points taken,

I have had the CD3ks and the DT770's. I would scratch the Sony CD3000's for gaming. The bass is lackluster. Of course, that is my opinion. I felt the DT770's were better for gaming.

There are two members I know that have had both...bahamaman and commando.

Both haven't been that active recently so maybe you could PM them for their opinions...

Most likely you can't go wrong with either, but their insight might help.

Good luck!

Also, you might try an advanced search. Narrow the search to topics and use DT770 vs A900 or something similar.

May 26, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
Also, you might try an advanced search. Narrow the search to topics and use DT770 vs A900 or something similar.

Oh, I've done that too, and come up with several interesting discussions, with notable input from bangraman - but all mainly focussed on sound quality and gaming performance rather than any of the other aspects. A search for 'A900 DT770 gaming' brings up most of the best threads on this topic, general consensus is that the DT770s are slightly better for gaming, and the A900s are slightly better for music - it's the other points of comparison that will make my mind up for me. I might drop them PMs though, thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by AintJoM0mma
My choices right now seem like the Audio Technica A900 or Beyerdynamic DT770's.
(what about Ultrasones?)

Maybe those sonys mentioned above would be good. And I still dont know about Grado, I hear they rock
smily_headphones1.gif

correct me if i'm wrong. looking at your sound system. krell, dynaudio. You seem to be an audiophile
icon10.gif
If you want a good game system without having to eq for bass and i feel that you wanted bass... get the DT770 then the gilmore lite amp for a cleaner output. the gilmore sounds fast so it should put some snap to that dt770
cool.gif

Grados hmm. I tried them with games. they are not as good to me as sennheisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back