Gaming Headphone Recommendation
Feb 6, 2015 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

spook76

Headphoneus Supremus
I am looking to buy a pair of gaming headphones for my nephew. I am completely out of my depth as I own only in ear monitors and open back headphones.

Requirements are that the headphones are closed back, good 3D imaging for the games, price around $50 and DURABLE. My nephew will be 11 years old and I remember how tough I was on equipment at his age. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Feb 8, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 5
Fostex TH-600.

Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250 Ohm.

Both works fantastic for gaming. Perfect positional audio and isolates some sound, but not as much as typical closed headphones.

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 5
OP did state around $50, the Fostex and DT880 are nowhere near that price.

Honestly considering they're for gaming and your nephew is only 11 I'd get him the HyperX Cloud gaming headset and call it a day, They're durable, provide very good audio for the price, have a mic if he wants to chat or play team games with friends and it'd get a lot more yells of cool from his mates than most regular headphones in that price range. They do usually go for around $80 but they do show up on specials for as low as $60 quite often.

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #4 of 5
I personally had the hd681 evo and they're phenomenal for gaming in my experience. The fit is a little big though...
Someone else mentioned the takstar 2050. The build quality and fit is supposed to really good as well

EDIT-oh whoops...closed back.
Hmmm. I don't know of any at that price range sorry. uhh..skullcandy SLYR? It was actually pretty well received around here at headfi and some other forums as well. Pretty sure it's got 7.1 surround capabilities as well.

Feb 12, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #5 of 5
OP did state around $50, the Fostex and DT880 are nowhere near that price.

Honestly considering they're for gaming and your nephew is only 11 I'd get him the HyperX Cloud gaming headset and call it a day, They're durable, provide very good audio for the price, have a mic if he wants to chat or play team games with friends and it'd get a lot more yells of cool from his mates than most regular headphones in that price range. They do usually go for around $80 but they do show up on specials for as low as $60 quite often.

Linchpin thank you I just ordered the Hyper X Cloud. Thank you one and all for your suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back