Gaming Headphone (Poll)
Oct 24, 2007 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Solid Snake

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

After crazy research on my new gaming headphones, I have came up with these choices:

Sennheiser HD-595 Premier Headphone

Beyedynamic DT 880 - Headphones ( ear-cup)

Sennheiser HD-650 AudioPhile Open Dynamic Stereo Headphone

Beyerdynamic DT 860 Edition 2007

These are ones I am looking closely at. I know these are all fantastic headphones but I am worried about comfort. I do have a large head with large ears. After countless reviews I have read, it seems the Sennheiser HD-595 and Sennheiser HD-650 are very comfortable for most people. I am listening closely for any suggestions. The amp I am getting with these headphones are the iBasso D1 portable amp/DAC.

Thank you guys for your help...Please yell out any suggestions on which headphones listed are the most comfortable. If you would like, please tell me which of these give the best sounding hard bass.

Thanks!

ADDED: I am basically one step away in buying these DT 770s but what is stopping me from buying them is the ohm levels. The DT 770s PRO has 80 ohms but the other DT 770s 2005 Edition has 250 ohms. I am buying an amp with this which is the iBasso D1 so this is something I will have to think about. I am not sure which of the two headphones will perform better with the iBasso D1 portablt amp/DAC...
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 22
I can speak for the HD-650's they are not comfortable for me at all. They have a clamping action which squeeze my head way too hard.

I'd actually recommend you closed headphones or IEM's for gaming.

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 22
$100 budget == Audio Technica A500
> $100 == Audio Technica A900

Great gaming headphones and super comfortable.

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you would like, please tell me which of these give the best sounding hard bass.

Beyerdynamic DT-770

Oct 24, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by speakerhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can speak for the HD-650's they are not comfortable for me at all. They have a clamping action which squeeze my head way too hard.

I'd actually recommend you closed headphones or IEM's for gaming.

that's very true when they are new. It is sooo easy to fix this faster than getting used to it. Extend each side out as far as it can go. Bend the metal part outwards (NOT the plastic headband). I used to think they were tight too, but now they are perfect as my 555's.

Now to answer the OP question. I tried both the 650 and lower end 555 for gaming (running it amped too). The cheap 555 does the job for FPS gaming and will give you all the advantage you'd ever need out of a headphone. The 650 is way overkill for this purpose unless you are watching the cinamatics or something. In fact it might have too much sound. Explosions going off get tiring after a while because the bass will hit really hard with sub effect. 650's are better for movies or probably just music, but they WILL do the job.

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyerdynamic DT-770

Amen. Definitely. Amazingly comfortable for your big head, amazing bass for those explosions, and dont need an amp.

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #8 of 22
For Halo 2? Your name seems familiar.

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #9 of 22
+1 for the DT-770 for gaming. I have a big head + ears as well and they're very comfortable.

Oct 24, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #10 of 22
I just finished Halo 3 (Literally less than a minute ago) and I solely used an '06 Beyer DT880.

It was pretty epic.

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is interesting guys, I see some of you are now saying the DT 770 but how about for trance music too?

Did you come from the MLG forums?

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #14 of 22
I cannot believe I forgot about the DT 770s...Almost everyone in my other thread recommended me those for great bass and superb comfort. It seems like they are exactly what I need. If I had that iBasso D1 amp/DAC would this help sufficiently?

Oct 24, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise To The Top /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you come from the MLG forums?

no, this is the only forums I am using for my new headphones...

EDIT: I see you are talking about some gaming forums, nah I didnt come from there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back