Gaming headphone and some music, looking at the Sennheiser HD700
Jan 3, 2017 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Metrops

100+ Head-Fier
Hello

I am currently looking for a headphone to improve on my Sennheiser G4me One headset. This headphone will be purely for gaming with some music listening. I have been looking at the Sennheiser HD700 (maximum budget) however I can hardly find people's opinion on it for a gaming experience. How do you find it with gaming, or do you think the HD600/HD650 are a better option for gaming.

I will be using a JDS Labs The Element AMP/DAC (maximum budget) to power the headphones

Thanks

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #2 of 3
check the Massdrop K7xx or K712pros they are one of the best headphones for overall usage, the 650 is better for music and vocals (deep warm mids with a narrower soundstage), the HD700 are sharp in the highs and some people seem to dislike it without tube/warm amps.

Jan 3, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #3 of 3
  check the Massdrop K7xx or K712pros they are one of the best headphones for overall usage, the 650 is better for music and vocals (deep warm mids with a narrower soundstage), the HD700 are sharp in the highs and some people seem to dislike it without tube/warm amps.

I'm not that knowledgeable with AMP/DACs. If I was to get the JDS Lab The Element, would that work well with the HD700. Is that a warm AMP do you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back