[Gaming] Creative Soundblaster X7 or Schiit Magni 2 and Modi 2 for AKG Q701?
Oct 3, 2016 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tacanacy

100+ Head-Fier
I'm in doubt about which one I should go for, Creative Soundblaster X7 (not limited edition) or Schiit Magni 2 and Modi 2. Some have described AKG Q701 as a bit bright and the Schiit stack as a bit cold, so this combo sounds somewhat concerning. I haven't used the Q701s before. This will be my first studio headphone. My first priorities with choosing headphones are soundstage and imaging. I only listen in stereo. I'm also planning on getting Beyerdynamic DT990 with 600 ohms.
What's appealing about the Soundblaster is the software, and since I play on consoles, I can use a smartphone app to control the settings. Mic doesn't matter; I've another setup for that. 
I'm ordering today or tomorrow and have pretty much landed on the Schiit stack. Because I'm so damn curious, it's not unlikely that I'll get the Soundblaster later. I'm just curious to know what people have to say.

Nevermind, I decided on the Soundblaster for now and will get the Magni 2 later (to use with Astro MixAmp or Turtle Beach Elite Pro Audio Controller) and very likely ditch the Modi 2.

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #2 of 4
Gaming console > Astro mix-amp > headphone amplifier > Headphones (AKG K7XX?)

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #4 of 4

Did you ask a question...?

Just trying to offer what i think is the best lower costing value setup.
For headphone surround sound gaming with a gaming console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back