Gaming/bass headphones for up to 270$ help :D
Jun 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #46 of 57
also i REALLY like the idea about a removeable cable just because that is the part i have been breaking on last 3 siberias have i owned! and it's just so much easier to replace that. :)

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #48 of 57
well the DT770 "only" get a 6 on the score on MLE's list. and i can't find the A900?

What's affecting MLE's gaming score is the soundstage. Open headphones are typically always going to score better because of that. Since you can't use open headphones, you'll have to get over the lower scores.

However, note that the Ultrasone Pro 900s scored OK. That is likely because of their S-Logic technology for creating a surround experience. If the PRO 900s are too pricey for you, look at the Ultrasone HFI-780s which also have the S-Logic technology and lots of bass (although the Pro 900 are a better headphone).

Then, you could also look into the AKG K550 which I previously mentioned. One of the biggest soundstages for a closed headphone. They are more of a neutral sounding phone when it comes to bass, but they do respond well to some bass boost using EQ. They are a little finicky on fit, though. See this review: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/wonderfully-competent-akg-k550-sealed-headphone

Jun 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #50 of 57
i am gonna check the headphones out you just recommended but i looked in to the Custom one pro and to me they look very nice with the specs and in the reviews?

Did you read how they work? They have a slider that converts them from open to closed headphones. So when open to get the best soundstage, you will likely be back to your same problem of sound leakage. And when closed, how do you know that they will have any better soundstage than the DT770s?

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #52 of 57
Quote:
Did you read how they work? They have a slider that converts them from open to closed headphones. So when open to get the best soundstage, you will likely be back to your same problem of sound leakage. And when closed, how do you know that they will have any better soundstage than the DT770s?

It doesn't convert them to open headphones it just controls the bass quantity by allowing more or less air flow. The soundstage won't be effected. I haven't heard the COP yet myself but I've heard they are similar to the 770 and the 770 has an impressively wide soundstage for a closed headphone.

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #56 of 57
It doesn't convert them to open headphones it just controls the bass quantity by allowing more or less air flow. The soundstage won't be effected. I haven't heard the COP yet myself but I've heard they are similar to the 770 and the 770 has an impressively wide soundstage for a closed headphone.

OK. I was going by Amazon's description: "Custom Sound Slider to change the sound anytime (closed, semi open, open design)." Of course they are often wrong. :xf_eek: If it's just changing the bass porting, then doesn't seem to be any benefit over the DT770 as far as soundstage.

Jun 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #57 of 57
just to open this again. just wanna be sure that this a good decision!

will the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro (COP) be good for gaming ? i know it's good for bass with the bass ports and all but how is it with the ability to seek out enemies? it dont have to be the best but i need to be atleast good.

Thanks in advance! :D heading to the store tomorrow so help me out now! thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back