Gaming/bass headphones for up to 270$ help :D
Jun 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #17 of 57
Then the choice is easy. The DT770s are the one to get. Mad Lust Envy rates them the same class as the Q701 for gaming in his guide (see the Index Ratings), and they undoubtedly will have much better bass. :)

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #19 of 57
the DT770 got 6 out of 10 while the Q701 get's 10? there is a bit of diffrence :D

but yeah all i hear is the DT770 is killing everything with bass

Sorry. I was going by his "Index Rating" thinking that was a class rating :redface:

So see if you can find the DT990 at a good price. Those will have great bass :)

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #21 of 57
One other thought. The ATH-AD700s are currently $100 here. While they are bass light, they are considered one of the best headphones for positional audio. If they aren't much more in your country, get them and then get a separate set of headphones for music.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #22 of 57
Quote:
DW :) but the DT990 are out of my price range... well i am considering the DT770 80ohm but not sure how great they will work with the onboard sound card?

Thomann sells the DT990 Pros for 158 Euros, should be enough leftover money for a basic amp.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #24 of 57
already with the stupid 25% tax thing i am up on 166€ but deffently cheaper then the other prices i were looking at.
so am i looking for the Pro or Premium?

and what kind if sound card / setup should i do for the rest i would say i will max give up to 135€ for sound card would be awesome with a volume knot since the headphones dont have that like this one have :) http://www.soundblaster.com/products/sound-blaster-zx.aspx there is even a mic in it (dunno how good it is)

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #25 of 57
Quote:
already with the stupid 25% tax thing i am up on 166€ but deffently cheaper then the other prices i were looking at.
so am i looking for the Pro or Premium?

and what kind if sound card / setup should i do for the rest i would say i will max give up to 135€ for sound card would be awesome with a volume knot since the headphones don't have that like this one have :) http://www.soundblaster.com/products/sound-blaster-zx.aspx there is even a mic in it (dunno how good it is)

The Premiums are almost the same as the Pros, the premiums just have a slightly lighter grip on the head.
So get the cheaper Pros.

The SBZx (Sould Blaster Zx) should easily drive 250-ohm headphones.

The PAV2V external headphone amplifier is $66.30 on eBay, not a sound card, but will plug into the motherboard's headphone jack.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #26 of 57
dont kill me for saying it, but i can't stand the looks of the ATH-AD700s,
 and after all i WILL be in contact with them everyday :) 

but thanks for the suggestion :)

LOL

People you are gaming with won't be able to see the headphones you are wearing, but they might notice the difference in your playing ability :wink:

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #27 of 57
The Premiums are almost the same as the Pros, the premiums just have a slightly light grip on the head.
So get the cheaper Pros.

The SBZx (Sould Blaster Zx) should easily drive 250-ohm headphones.

The PAV2V external headphone amplifier is $66.30 on eBay, not a sound card, but will plug into the motherboard's headphone jack.

Those seem like great options for you :)

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #28 of 57
well it's gonna be a bit over what i wanted to pay ? but can you send a link to the amplifier and maybe the sound card also? (remember they have to be able to ship to Expensive little Denmark :S)
btw why do i need a amplifier and a sound card?

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #29 of 57
well it's gonna be a bit over what i wanted to pay ? but can you send a link to the amplifier and maybe the sound card also? (remember they have to be able to ship to Expensive little Denmark :S)

btw why do i need a amplifier and a sound card?

You don't need the amp if you get the Soundblaster card.

Motherboard audio on computers typically can't drive 250 ohm headphones well using the headphone jack. Some sound cards like the Sould Blaster Zx can. Plus, the Sound Blaster Zx will give you some great surround options for improving game audio. Here's the Sound Blaster Zx at Amazon UK. You might find better pricing locally if you search.

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #30 of 57
nope that is a great price :) 150 Dkk cheaper then the cheapest price i could find. and about the sound card as far as i know the onboard sound card on the Hero can already drive up to 600 ohm headphones

but you are recommending DT990 Pro, and they are better then the 770 80ohm

another thing! i know i wrote that isolation was no prob but now that i think about it. with open headphones is it gonna be just like speakers = everyone can hear everything i am doing? if that is the case that might be a prob :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back