game console
May 24, 2002 at 1:46 AM Post #31 of 43
Alexa: your side of the 'debate' is pretty easy then - buy a gamecube
wink.gif

Seriously, the more I read about the e3 nintendo releases, the less I can wait for metroid prime and zelda.
I read the Xbox e3 releases and can't wait for the PC port
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2002 at 2:24 AM Post #32 of 43
Actually, im deciding between ps2 and gamecube myself. so far, the only reason that would make me get a ps2 is final fantasy. Someone did tell me that theres going to be a nintendo version of ff "soon", but patience and me are two parallel lines.

maybe if i beg enough, my dad will get me both
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2002 at 2:49 AM Post #34 of 43
Yep, Square and Nintendo, together again
wink.gif

secretagent: you've got it all wrong! You buy a gamecube AND a gba so you can LINK the 2 together and use them together in games like zelda and metroid
wink.gif

May 24, 2002 at 3:48 AM Post #35 of 43
I don't think it really mattered which console I get. I was just curious and it was most definitely an impulse buy. The price was also right. I don't forsee myself spending a whole lot of time on it.
More importantly, there wasn't a game out there, on any console, that I was dying to try out. So, I think I would be just as satisfied with any one of the consoles. Although, for some reason, I don't particular like PS2 very much. Some of my friends have them. If I recall correctly, the load time was pretty long. I could be wrong.
Also, I think I may be able to use the Xbox as a little complete home entertainment system, for gaming, music and dvd. Not bad for a couple of hundreds.
Anyways, DOA3 sorta sucks. After a total of maybe 3 hours, I'm completely bored. I'm waiting for Armada 2 now (did a little reading lastnite). I have a tendency to buy first and research later
redface.gif

May 24, 2002 at 4:36 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Anyways, DOA3 sorta sucks. After a total of maybe 3 hours, I'm completely bored.

Don't give up on it until you've played it with a friend or friends. I was thinking the same thing after a couple of hours of practicing on my own, but the characters seem to have more to them when you are actually fighting someone else. Plus the competition adds to the fun.

May 24, 2002 at 4:58 AM Post #37 of 43
Absolutely. Most fighting games are much more fun when played w/ friends. Very few are good enough to be fun on their own as well. The best example of this rare type would be Soul Calibur. Incredible depth, in both features and gameplay. Also feels much more fluid than DOA3's fighting system, which can make a world of difference. I can't wait for Soul Calibur 2 to come to the Gamecube.

May 24, 2002 at 11:21 AM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

If I had to judge the XboX by it's looks alone, I'd say it was a cheap old oversized VCR produced in the late 80's, not a powerful console...

Oh ya!

The GameCube looks like a children's plastic Fisher-Price 8-track player.

So there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

actually, I was playing with a friend. We are both now, officially bored

Try playing for money.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2002 at 11:00 PM Post #40 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Alexa
I remember someone telling me that the XBox does have a GeForce3 inside it. Besdies, there are emulators for ps2, and Im sure there are for the XBox also.

Not quite a GF3, as far as I know it's a GF3 with and extra vertex shader (two in total and only one pixel shader) - I guess that makes it a low clocked GF4 Ti...
rolleyes.gif

BTW, AFAIK there are no functional emulators for Xbox and Gamecube (not many would dare defy MS and make an emu)...

Quote:

Originally posted by Alexa
Where theres a will, theres a way
wink.gif
Most of their games are coming out on PC though- or there are versions for nintendo, and maybe playstation.

I dont really like XBox anyway- their games just plain suck IMO. I was never into fighting games, and plus the controllers are too bulky. Not everyone has huge hands you know :p

One thing is that many Xbox games are ported to the PC, don't
forget that a lot of Xbox games are ported from the PC
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure if the Xbox controller requires huge hands (though I do have large caliber hands), I just don't like the placement of the right analog stick, and the fact that your right thumbs has access to SIX buttons...

Quote:

Originally posted by mbriant
Oh ya!

The GameCube looks like a children's plastic Fisher-Price 8-track player.

So there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wrong!, it looks like an oversized lunch box... (it really does!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back